• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The use of diactrical marks changes font of forms and disturbs appearance of text fields

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Polish version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on macOS Big Sur. I have been having trouble filling out forms for some time. When I enter any Polish diacritical marks in a form field, the program automatically changes the font, and in addition, the letters stagger or overlap, which makes the filled out fields completely unreadable.

Please find below an example of filling two fields with the same text - without Polish diactrical marks and after using them.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-03-17 o 14.54.31.png

I've tried in the "Edit Content" panel under Preferences to set the replacement fonts to standard system fonts (like Arial, Times New Roman, etc.), as well as changing the font for comments in the "Commenting" panel. Unfortunately, this didn't do anything.

Of course, I have the application language set to coincide with the system language. Please help me in solving the problem.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me or faced similar issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention fonts used by Edit Content and setting the fonts for comments, but neither of those things are related to form fields. If this file does indeed have form fields then the issue is most likely with the fonts used by those fields.

You can find out what font that is (and change it to something else) by going to Tools - Prepare Form, then right-click the field, select Properties and look under the Appearance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, maybe I expressed myself imprecisely so that you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about pre-made forms, I'm referring to text being added to a file in "Fill & Sign" mode. So this is not a problem strictly related to pre-made form fields. Especially that the problem occurs with every file - including those I exported for testing e.g. from .docx or .rtf to PDF.

The problem occurs on my various computers (all running macOS and the same Adobe account, though).

I've referred to the settings mentioned above to indicate the actions attempted. I'm not saying they necessarily matter here, but those are the only options I found that addressed font type.

What's additionally puzzling - if I use the "Fill & Sign" option to fill in fields without using Polish diactrical marks (which doesn't unintentionally change the font), and then use the "Edit PDF" function, editing the previously added text and entering Polish diactrical marks within "Edit PDF" no longer changes the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, that's more clear. The Fill & Sign tool is quite limited. You can't explicitly define what font it uses, for example. You can report this issue as a bug to Adobe, but I would recommend you use actual form fields for what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines