• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is a problem reading this document (129)....?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Acrobat XI for some time now but today started getting this error message; "There is a problem reading this document (129)" It happens on PDfs I create from an email or a web page. No problem with downloaded PDFs or one created from Word of other program. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John ,

Could you please explain how exactly are you trying to create the PDF'?

This generally happens when the file is broken ,you tend to get error 129.

What email client do you use?

Could you please tell the OS you work on?

If you are on windows ,you could try to repair your Acrobat once and then see if that fixes the issue .

Launch Acrobat>Navigate to Help>Repair Acrobat Installation.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now encountering the exact same error (129) after enjoying years of no issues related to Acrobat Reader.

I use Outlook and my OS is XP Professional, but I don't have any issues downloading/opening actual PDF files.  The issue is when I attempt to create a PDF when utilizing the print menu.

For example, when I want to print a document from a website, one of the options available to me is to save the document as a PDF (which I've done thousands of times in the past).  The print dialogue box walks me through the same option and it will create a PDF on my desktop as directed.  However, when I try to open the PDF I just created, I get the following message:

"There was an error processing a page.  There was a problem reading this document (129)."

What makes it even more strange is that when I get that error message, the document is blank, however, it has the correct number of pages shown at the top of the menu bar.

Any idea as to what the problem could be or how to fix?  It's crazy that this issue has just now crept in from out of nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use print from Google Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm printing (creating PDF from the print menu) in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I did go through the steps to repair the installation and rebooted, but still get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the issue is not with your Adobe Acrobat reader. I just had the same problem and solved it by printing from Internet Explorer as opposed to Google Chrome. And you need a PDF printing program such as PDF Redirect or such. Then the PDF will open and without the error 129. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I think it's caused by blocking plugins. I use Chrome & have it set to enable the Adobe plugin, however it's been blocking it anyway of late. Click your file to open with, and choose Chrome. It will show a plugin blocked image. Right click enable plugin over the puzzle image it will say run plugin or block. I don't know the real underlying programming error or such is. But at least you don't loose the file. Patch it Google.

IExplore will not open any file I printed as a pdf using Chrome.

You might find a pdf file viewer for free download but it could be loaded with adware.

Hope this helps.

By the way my OS is Xp Pro

Clara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quick solution to open the documents in Google Chrome.

medium term solution is change file type to  .pdg then allocate pdg file type to Google chrome

long term get Google to fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

new to the forum.  I want the reader to read various pdf's created by different users.

I get this read out:  " Warning empty page"  and it repeats that for the number of pages in the document.

Any clues as to how to get the reader going?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you read the discussion above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines