Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is insufficient memory to process this page

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a PDF document and when ever I try to edit it I get the error message shown in the below image:

adobe.PNG

The PDF is 401KB, when trying to edit I have about 4GB of free RAM (temporary memory) and 55GB of free space on my hard drive.

Document can be downloaded here left horn.pdf - Google Drive

I have tried restarting, reinstalling and remaking the PDF.

This does not occur with some other PDFs but I cannot see how for this one there is not enough memory.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2015.010.20056

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, not a clue.

I tried to download the file and it wasn't available.

Sorry. If you place it somewhere else for download, let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- this is a little late, but I was receiving the same error. Mine was caused by the OCR, which runs when you choose Edit PDF. Unfortunately it looks like there is no way to turn off the OCR process, but if you right click the image and select Add Text, it will send you into editing mode without running OCR, and, subsequently, without giving you this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please install latest update of Acrobat DC. This issue is fixed now. You won't get this error on this PDF.

Go to Help> Check for updates, for installing latest update. If no update available, means you are already on latest version. And now you won't face this issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue running on the latest version of Acrobat DC Professional ( 2015.006.30280 ).

Have a document from our drawing scanner ( HP DesignJet T2350PS ) which we use the Enhance Page option to recognize the text.  After this, going to Edit Page will cause the error in question to be raised.  We have tried down scaling the image, removing portions of the image that we thought were too complex or had text running in a different direction to no avail.

After performing the enhance PDF option and saving there is no issues.  You can select the text it recognized.  Its only when you go into the Edit PDF that the error is presented.

0_Cover_reid3.png

2017-01-23 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the issue you are facing. You have Acrobat Classic. Issue wasn't resolved there. Can you please share this PDF. We will verify and fix the issue for this PDF also in Classic version. You can use https://cloud.acrobat.com/send to share the file.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the PDF file where you are facing this issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro version 2015.006.30280 and get this message way too often.  Why is a $650 software program giving so many error messages.  Bluebeam Revu doesn't have any issues, and it was 1/2 the cost.  Help me understand why I want to keep giving Adobe money when it doesn't work like it should?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are extremely sorry for the issue. This error usually happens when file takes lot of memory of computer. It might hampers your other work, that's why we try to control it. I suggest you, please share the file and your machine configuration. It would help us understand the issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest release of Acrobat on 11th April 2017, this issue has been addressed.

To get the latest product update, within the product, click on the menu Help-> Check for updat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhm, no its not corrected. I'm getting the error and its 2nd May 2017. Additionally, I am up to date. Im with

padadof2 why is this such a problem? more then a year has gone by and this is still This question is Not Answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is file specific. So please share the file you are facing this issue.

Also, the Acrobat DC.version as there are different Acrobat DC product available.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My colleague is also getting this error when she is trying to open one of her PDF documents. She says that she could edit the file earlier in the day, but is now getting insufficient memory error message when she tries to edit it again.

Please can you help?.

Thanks

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to believe that it's file specific when it happens to me from every PDF sent to me by a specific architect.

I have to use Print Production>Preflight to try and shrink the over sized areas (crossing my fingers that it let's me even print it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still not resolved?? I continually check for updates and continue to have the same error of insufficient memory happen in large documents. What is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now October 2020 and I have been getting this error message when trying to edit a PDF of a recipe.  I checked for updates and it says that are no updates?  Is there another fix yet for this issue?  I have over 100 GB of free storage on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Adobe this is absolutely pathetic. I can't add a comment larger than size 24. I can't edit text. What am I paying for? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is 4/23/2021.  I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat DC today and am still having the same issues named above!!~!  After converting the PDF to .docx, the page is still not editable.  I'm uploading it here and hope to get this issue resolved!  Thanks. Pam 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same sentiments bruh, i got i7 16gb ram and just editing a 66mb file... such a pain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Word you will get an image, no text. The PDF file contains a scanned document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
While that makes sense, I've done it many, many other times with books with
no problem.

--
Pamela Byers
Byers Genealogy & Research Services
Franklin, TN
Phone: 310-422-2613
Email: Byersgenealogyresearch@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines