• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was a problem reading this document (15).

Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error when I try to delete a page in a document:  There was a problem reading this document (15).  Is there a way to actually delete the document without having to re-do the whole thing all over again?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Hi lisag0929,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You may visit this thread: "There was a problem reading this document (15)" , and I couldn't delete one of my pages. it never happened before.  check if that helps.

This is a generic error message and there could be multiple reasons why this is happening.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lisag0929,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You may visit this thread: "There was a problem reading this document (15)" , and I couldn't delete one of my pages. it never h...  check if that helps.

This is a generic error message and there could be multiple reasons why this is happening.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tariq, as of today (Oct 2022) that thread link goes nowhere. However, sc00ps has the right answer below in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lisag0929

I have had this issue with DC (Pro) quite a few times and although I'm not an expert I have tried fixing it with the Accessibility tools.

It may not be the same issue but I have found when I get the error 15 message is when importing and then I cant delete the corrupt file.

The only thing I have found that works for me every time as I am not bothered about the structure in my books is to just delete the Tags at the top and then I can delete the pesky pages.

To find tags and structure

View \ Show-Hide \ Navigation Pane \ Tags

Hope this helps

Capture1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Yes! Yes!  It works.  Thank you so much, sc00ps!
Finally.  This issue has been a thorn on my side with this gigantic file I created which had to be broken into sections for printing.  No more error message and the page is gone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, sc00ps for providing solution and thanks for Google to find your guide!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a star sc00ps. I have been battling this for and age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sc00ps! You are a ROCKSTAR!!!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the solution - the error was quite annoying !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Random Internet Stranger sc00ps - 

Just wanted to say THANK YOU.  2.5 years after you posted your solution, I found it and you made my life easier.  I hope somehow you see this note from me to you, years later, because your solution WORKS.  You are a Rock Star.  (And I notice sc00ps has exactly one post - this one - in the entire Adobe Support Community.  That's a grand slam home run in your first at bat! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool!  This really helped me.  Thank you so much.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That one little post can generate such relief and happiness.  Thank you!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to figure this out for about 5 hours. I deleted all the little tags between <document> and <part>. I left the "Tags" at the top. Then I re-read this and thought maybe you meant delete the PDF Tags at the top. It worked!!!!  So for beginners it is the PDF(pic icon) Tags file not to delete all the tags between every workbook,document, delkficertheader.

Thank you so much for figuring out this fix! Adobe needs to fix this with an update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved the day.  Thank You!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for posting this! 

I was getting the same error message when trying to extract pages from a PDF, and this fixed that problem too!

I didn't originally see a "Tags" option in the Navigation Pane and had to go to Help and then type "Tags" into the search box there.  The Navigation Panes/Tags menu option then popped up in Help and I was able to see the Tags icon, click on it, and delete Tags--which worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked beautifully!  Thanks.  That has been baffling me for quite some time!  Thanks again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sc00ps,

This is the gift that just keeps giving!  Answer to all the years of angst with this error!!!!  Thank YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, it worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years later, this helped me too! Thanks sc00ps!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am SO grateful to have found your post, 5 years after you made it!  You just saved a massive project I'd put countless hours into.  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines