There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit.

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat (continuous release) 2021: fully up to date as at 31 March 2021.

No third-party plug ins.

This error occurs after performing several searches. 

Can Adobe fix this please?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, 

sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

Would you mind confirming the exact version of Adobe Acrobat and OS you have been working on? 

Install the latest patch for Acrobat, Open Acrobat>help>check for update

If update doesn't fix the issue, then try the following steps

1- As issue appears when performing the search, so it could be document specific issue. Check with a different file and see if that works.

2-  Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

3- Also, go to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Search> Enable fast find>OK

Let us know the result. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Thanks for looking at this for me.

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm on Mac 10.14.6. Acrobat is 2021.001.20145. 

I changed the preferences you mentioned, although there was no "protected view". 

The document I was using yesterday was a PDF exported from Word. Previous problems were with various PDFs exported from InDesign, so I don't think it is related to a particular document.

Thinking overnight though, it seems to happen a lot when I am pasting in words to the find dialogue. Yesterday I had a list of names in Word and I would copy one and paste into the search box in Acrobat to locate it in the PDF. Doing this time after time seems to produce the error or sometimes the find dialogue just stops working -- I then either use the enhanced search or quit and restart.

I'm working on this same job today and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for your help.

Rob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Being working on this project today and when pasting a word into the find dialogue the app crashed. No errors, warnings or offer of sending a report. No freezing up though.

Rob 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just been working again and now "There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit." error on pasting into find dialogue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines