Highlighted

There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be accessed by the system.

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to open some PDF files that I previously worked. The ones I'm having an issue with have an "X" on the lower left corner of the PDF icon. When I try to click on them, I get the following error: There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be accessed by the system. 

I've also tried accessing the files thru the Adobe Cloud but it gives me the following error message: The file cannot be accessed by the system.
Again, these are files that were uploaded correctly and which we've worked on several times, without a problem until a few days ago. Now, thousands of files cannot be accessed and its causing me to have a  slight panic attack.

How do you fix this and why is this happening in the first place?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be accessed by the system.

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to open some PDF files that I previously worked. The ones I'm having an issue with have an "X" on the lower left corner of the PDF icon. When I try to click on them, I get the following error: There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be accessed by the system. 

I've also tried accessing the files thru the Adobe Cloud but it gives me the following error message: The file cannot be accessed by the system.
Again, these are files that were uploaded correctly and which we've worked on several times, without a problem until a few days ago. Now, thousands of files cannot be accessed and its causing me to have a  slight panic attack.

How do you fix this and why is this happening in the first place?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried signing into OneDrive...I'm still getting the same error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these files saved locally, or on a network drive, or on the cloud? If they are not saved locally, try dragging them to the desktop and then opening them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are saved on a network drive but I've also tried opening them on the Adobe Cloud. I can open some files thru the Cloud and/or Network Drive without a problem but most have an "x" on the PDF icon and I can't open them.

When I try dragging or coping one of the files to my desktop, I get this error message:

Error 0x80070780: The file cannot be accessed by the system.

[Private info removed. -Mod.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, don't reply by email if it includes your full contact details in the signature. I removed it from your previous reply.

This indicates there's a problem accessing the files in general. It's not related to Acrobat, or even to them being PDF files (most likely). Contact your IT department or network admin for help with this issue. On the bright side, it's very likely the files are file, just that you can't access them at the moment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I didn't know my personal info would get posted to the forum. Thanks for removing it.

I'm only having problems with PDF files. I can open all other files without any issues.

We don't have an IT dept but I'll check with our internet security guy to see if Sophos Security Software may be preventing me from opening the files.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0