• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was an error while opening this document. The path does not exist.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a print to PDF of a website. I have done this many times over, but for some reason, I am unable to open these PDFs. They are saved in various files. I can see the file name I gave it as well as the PDF icon next to it. I seemed to be working yesterday, but I have had intermittent issues around this for a week or so... what's the fix?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Adobe Acrobat web browser extension or the Acrobat built-in feature "PDF to Web Page..." creation tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem.  When I tried opening the file through Explorer, I got the same error message you posted above.  When I tried opening the file from the Adobe Reader application, it told me that the file name was too long, and that I should move the file to a location with a shorter path.  I copied the file to the desktop, and tried opening it again from the application.  It open without a problem, and I saved it back in the original folder with a shorter filename.  I then was able to open it through Explorer and the Adobe application without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines