Highlighted

This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't having anything scanning and I can't shut down the program.  What can I do?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't having anything scanning and I can't shut down the program.  What can I do?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use task manager or activity monitor or restart your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the same message when I try to enhance a file.  I've restarted the computer; shut it down completely for 15 minutes.  Nothing seems to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used task manager and ended the Adobe program and then I was able to enhance. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it quit working.  Still having problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem this date. Tried everything to include multiply re-installs, updates, re-install of the scanner.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF fix this!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Clara and others,

we apologize for not being able to respond to this post. When do you exactly see this message "This operation is not allowed..." which tool you have been working on?

If this message appears during Print or when scanning a document? I found a similar discussion here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/error-this-operation-is-not-allowed-since-scanning-is-in-prog... does your relates to the same? 

If yes, please try the workaround suggested. 

Please share the Acrobat's version you are working with. A few screenshot of the error would be super helpful. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't OCR/ enhance/ select text or compare documents. 
Get this error message. Have tried PDF printing the PDF document to see if printing could remove these errors
Still not lock.  

Adobe Error.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0