• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This pdf document might not be displayed correctly (Firefox)

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work in a library and we have recently established an open access monograph service. We are republishing already published printed books. So we are scanning books to which we will add license information etc. For this purpose I have used Acrobat Pro DC. The problem is that once the document is
uploaded to our repository and opened, a discalaimer above (on a yellow bar) appears in Firefox. On the right there is a button Open in a different viewer after which the document opens. But the customer might not try it, so we would like to get this fixed. Any ideas? Document treated with another application (such as pdf-x-change editor) does not produce this problem. Thanks!

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a sample document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find one file here: https://helda.helsinki.fi/handle/10138/320281

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something to ask the developers of the Firefox PDF plugin. It has nothing to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I just opened the file in the latest version of Firefox (81.0.2), and no such warning appeared, so it could be an issue with your specific version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other hand, the file is not displayed correctly... The text layer added by the OCR engine (ABBY FineReader) appears underneath the image, and sometimes it doesn't load at all, making it impossible to read properly. I would add a warning to the download link instructing the users not to open it in the browser window but to download it to the local computer and open in Adobe Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Firefox 78.3 in my work laptop and cannot update it (only admins can do this), but I installed the newest Firefox to my home machine. You are right, the file is not displayed correctly and in addition to that, it gives the same warning. I guess some kind of note must be added. And perhaps we have to use another program to modify the pdf:s until this is fixed. Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can avoid this issue when you create the files with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are scanned by someone else, don't know which program...but thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines