• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This pop-up keeps popping up: "“Adobe Reader” is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated"

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pop-up keeps popping up: "“Adobe Reader” is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated"; only since I have been running MacOS Mojave. . . something about 32 & 64 bit. . . whenever I try to update Adobe Reader, it's up-to-date.  I subscribe to Adobe CC full version, so I don't think I need to be taking this seriously, but I'm not sure.  Is it only a matter of dis-installing an out-of-date Adobe Reader app, or is it a bug or a phish?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can ignore it.

adobe's aware of the issue and plans to have all-64 bit acrobat and reader versions released by the next major osx version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat and Acrobat Reader are already 64-bit on the Mac and have been for 3 years. I suspect you are running a really old version, because you still call it Adobe Reader, and that name is no longer used. Please check the exact version you have, and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no all parts (eg, the installer) of acrobat/reader are 64 bit.  that's why mac users are seeing this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But if the message mentions, specifically, Adobe Reader, that should not be there. So I'd still like to know of the version of Reader running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines