Highlighted

three drop down lists with export value

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a form with three drop down lists. With the last drop down list giving me different information based on the first two drop down selections. Is it even possible? For example, the first drop down is "grades" with options: 9, 10, 11, and 12. The second drop down is the "subjects" English or History. The third drop down "Standards" should give me the proper information based on the previous two drop down selections. For example, 10th grade history should give me some drop down options like: H10.1, H10.2, and H10.3 and 9th grade English should give me drop down options like: E9.1, E9.2, and E9.3. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

P.S. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

three drop down lists with export value

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a form with three drop down lists. With the last drop down list giving me different information based on the first two drop down selections. Is it even possible? For example, the first drop down is "grades" with options: 9, 10, 11, and 12. The second drop down is the "subjects" English or History. The third drop down "Standards" should give me the proper information based on the previous two drop down selections. For example, 10th grade history should give me some drop down options like: H10.1, H10.2, and H10.3 and 9th grade English should give me drop down options like: E9.1, E9.2, and E9.3. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

P.S. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is possible but not as simple. It will require some JavaScript scripting knwoledge. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a function which creates the entries for the third dropdown. Use this function in the validation of the first and second dropdown.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0