• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail issue

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest update of Adobe acrobat Reader DC my system does not show the thumbnails of PDF files. I have uninstalled and installed the program again but nothing works. Please help me

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Latest Acrobat update breaks the Explorer thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue since receiving the latest update 2021.001.20138.

I have noticed some odd behaviour though. Normally when you open Windows Explorer the address bar has a solid green bar that scrolls along the address bar to refresh the thumbnails, this no longer happens, (THIS MAYBE JUST A NEW THING WITH WINDOWS 10 ITSELF AS THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN EVEN IN PICTURES FOLDER NO LONGER). Also on some folders that contain PDF files the folder as contents thumbnail, when opening the folder a couple of the files have a PDF thumbnail but when you close the folder then reopen the folder the thumbnails have gone on the files that were previously there and only show the standard PDF thumbnail.

I have disabled the thumbnail in Windows Explorer option in Adobe acrobat Reader DC settings, restarted and re-enabled with no effect on the issue. I have also re-installed the Adobe acrobat Reader DC also with no effect and a repair installation option again with no effect on issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received new update today, still not working, no thumbnails on PDF files in Windows Explorer.

Is anyone from Adobe going to advise please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received quite a few Windows 10 updates in the last few weeks.  Not surprised that things like this happen.  It must be frustrating for the engineers at software companies, as the targets and goalposts are constantly moving for the operating system.

For what it's worth, my thumbnails in the OS are still showing properly, and I have the latest Acrobat and Windows 10 running.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Dave_M, I agree it must be a constant battle for the software engineers.

As of this morning and receiving the latest Adobe update, thumbnails have returned to PDF files. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great that the thumbnails are back!  But watch out... who knows for how long!

Celebrate those small victories.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - after wasting an hour searching the internet I see this is a common problem that has been reoccuring since at least 2015 and I guess 'they are working on it' again.  Just enough agony to keep making me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received a further Adobe update and now individiual PDF files are showing thumbnails although folders that contain the PDF documents are not showing a thumbnails of the contents. As I recall though this as always been a bit hit and miss, the important one is the PDF files showing thimbnails. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines