• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC does not create thumbnails in windows explorer?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

It is possible that you need to manually enable the preference in Acrobat.

Got to Edit --->>>Preferences--- General --->>>  see the "Basic Tools" section, and tick the checkbox "Enable PDF Thumbnail Previews in Windows Explorer"

If this settings is already enabled, then  you may need to open Windows Explorer, clcik on the "View" tab and clcik once on "Preview Pane" to enable this type of view in Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Unfortunately I have the same problem, I installed the latest version of ACROBAT 23 and I stopped seeing the thumbnails in Windows Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that you need to manually enable the preference in Acrobat.

Got to Edit --->>>Preferences--- General --->>>  see the "Basic Tools" section, and tick the checkbox "Enable PDF Thumbnail Previews in Windows Explorer"

If this settings is already enabled, then  you may need to open Windows Explorer, clcik on the "View" tab and clcik once on "Preview Pane" to enable this type of view in Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The setting is already activated but strangely, after a recent window's update, the Large Icon thumbnail preview failed to display again. What am i missing or is there another update that fixes this problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

This is a known issue with the latest version and the team is working on the fix.

We will update you once the fix will be available.

We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the info! What a relieve and look forward to it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to check, when are we looking at the release for this fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the trouble caused.

Please use the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/thumbnail-preview-does-not-appear-after-updating-reader.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so much! This works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps described in the troubleshooting link above did not work. I edited the Registry as Admin, added the key, and the dword, then restarted the Windows Explorer, and my pdf's are still not displaying thumbnails.  And yes, I have the option enabled in Acrobat Reader DC.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix in the guidelines is for the version that ends in 20140.  I don't know if that's the February 9, 2021 version, which is the one that troubleshooting fix references.  I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks for your helpl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I had that backwards.  The article references the Feb. 9 version. I am running the version that ends in 20140.  I hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy we have the same Problem on some company computers. We have installed the latest Version and the thumbnail option is active

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have the same problem, I installed the latest version of ACROBAT 23 and I stopped seeing the thumbnails in Windows Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is something strange here, because the documents I created or downloaded before installation I do see the thumbnails but the document I created or downloaded after is missing the thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines