• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

to display the “furniture” of PDF portfolios. The underlying files of the - Dov Isaacs

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone know what is meant when someone says "The underlying files of the portfolios are accessible with a generic screen display,"

For some reason my original post was "locked" where I could not reply for an answer to the person who responeded!  wonder who and why it was "locked"

thank you to Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee - but I cannot reply because for some reason the post was "locked"

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what "generic screen display" Dov was referring to, but the files are still there. You just can't access them because of the Flash "envelope" in which they are located. If you remove this "envelope" though, the file will become a normal PDF file with the original files attached to it and you'll be able to open it in any version of Acrobat or Reader.

To do so requires modifying a deep setting of the file, which Acrobat doesn't allow you to do, unfortunately, but it can be done using a stand-alone tool, like this (paid-for) I've developed:

https://www.try67.com/tool/convert-portfolio-pdf-to-normal-pdf

If you run the command-line utility that's a part of this tool on your portfolio file it will revert to being a "normal" PDF file and you'll be able to save the files embedded in it as individual files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open some old Flash-based portfolios without trouble; I don't need any converter. However, I no longer see the original interface, but simple a straight-forward list of the documents in the portfolio (I assume that is the generic screen display in question).

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. I thought you were using an older version of the app and couldn't open it at all.

In that case, yes, it will open without any of the "bells and whistles" of Flash, which is what Dov was alluding to, most likely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines