• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

toggle hide/show PRO DC

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to inser JS code for  toggle between hiding and showing several informations and leave no blank space between information but don´t work. In Acrobate PRO DC I have created a form for employees travels, so everytime someone need to travel, they have to fill all the form fields.

When someone choose "4" travellers I will need to show all the fileds for those 4 employees that will travel, if they choose only "2" travellers I need to remove blank space and appears only fields for "2" employees, someone can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

It's not possible to "reflow" a normal PDF document when fields are hidden, unless the entire file is composed out of from fields. So when you hide the fields you'll be left with "white space" on the page. That's just how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to "reflow" a normal PDF document when fields are hidden, unless the entire file is composed out of from fields. So when you hide the fields you'll be left with "white space" on the page. That's just how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but this is possible for example to work with views? I can creat 3 forms, and when someone choose for example 4 travellers, the form that will appear will be another one, with all blank space removed, this is possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean with "views", exactly. You can use layers, and then show/hide them based on the selection, but you'll also need to create duplicate sets of fields, one for each layer, and do the same with them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67,

Regarding the above issue (layers), I have created 2 fillable forms, I want to use one of them as layer.

I have my "master" form with several choices, if the user choose (for example) "Basic Operacional" I have introduce option to display my layer visible, in mean time all the fillable fields appears on "read only", I have search in some sites to know how can I use layer with fillable fields but didn´t find, this is possible? below some print:

Master Form:

CintiaC_0-1613743116042.png

Layer (2nd form)

CintiaC_1-1613743233020.png

and now both of them, all field are read only

CintiaC_2-1613743445723.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone can give me  a feedback please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite clear on how you want it to work. Fields exist independently from layers (for the most part). If you show/hide a layer you have to separately show the fields that belong to it, and hide the rest. It won't happen automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how can I show everything? the entire form with my fillable fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported the entire form as a layer, I thought that it was enough and that all the fillable fields would also be imported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. You have to copy them separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines