Highlighted

Too many adobe processes -- what are these and what can I uninstall

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a friend who uses Adobe Acrobat DC in a windows 8.1 environment and all he does is open, edit and print PDFs.  He never needs to keep and/or edit his documents in the cloud.  I am helping him with his slow computer performance and I see a litany of processes I am happy to disable in autoruns, windows services and schedule tasks provided I don’t break something in this web of software.  Or uninstall in Programs and features.  Does Adobe document what each does and what dependency they have with each other and which can be removed?  I see (1) AdobeIPCBroker.exe, (2) Adobe Desktop Service.exe, (3) Adobe CEF Helper.exe, (4) AdobeCollabSync.exe, (5) AGSService.exe, (6) CCXProcess.exe, (7) CCLibrary.exe, (8) Creative Cloud.exe, and (9,10) two instances of node.exe.  In Programs and Features I see (1) Adobe Creator Cloud, (2) Adobe Acrobat DC, and unrelated SketchUp.  Is it safe to Uninstall Adobe Creator Cloud?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Too many adobe processes -- what are these and what can I uninstall

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a friend who uses Adobe Acrobat DC in a windows 8.1 environment and all he does is open, edit and print PDFs.  He never needs to keep and/or edit his documents in the cloud.  I am helping him with his slow computer performance and I see a litany of processes I am happy to disable in autoruns, windows services and schedule tasks provided I don’t break something in this web of software.  Or uninstall in Programs and features.  Does Adobe document what each does and what dependency they have with each other and which can be removed?  I see (1) AdobeIPCBroker.exe, (2) Adobe Desktop Service.exe, (3) Adobe CEF Helper.exe, (4) AdobeCollabSync.exe, (5) AGSService.exe, (6) CCXProcess.exe, (7) CCLibrary.exe, (8) Creative Cloud.exe, and (9,10) two instances of node.exe.  In Programs and Features I see (1) Adobe Creator Cloud, (2) Adobe Acrobat DC, and unrelated SketchUp.  Is it safe to Uninstall Adobe Creator Cloud?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 21, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is designed to work with all of its pieces and there is no selective uninstall. Removing one may cause problems soon or in years time. You may not need Creative Cloud if there is a permanent license rather than a subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tip: tuning is hard. Windows can comfortably handle hundreds of processes that don’t do much. Focus on the ones using active resources, under the category you are short of. You may find disk runs at 100% or maybe CPU does. Memory is more complex because Windows is designed not to waste any. Understand the difference between real and virtual memory.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 0
mycc LATEST
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interposed question: is there a listing of all files of the Adobe Suite running in the backgorund with their purposes?

Thanks!

mycc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0