Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch up reading order tool stopped working on document

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm using Acrobat DC Version 20.0,

My Touch up reading order accessibility tool stopped working halfway through the process of making the document accesible. It was working fine on the first three pages but suddenly I am unable to to tag items when I highlight them and click a tag option from the TURO menu. When I highlight a block of text and click a tag option it doesnt even give it a reading order number so I know it's not hidden under another tag. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? It seems auto tagging the document brings back the ability to tag but it also means all of the manually inputed tags i've created get deleted which is less than ideal. please help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been expereincing the same issue. The touch up reading order tool worked for about 60% of the pages of my PDF. But on the other pages, the TURO tool will not tag the features. I can highlight text and images, and choose an option from the TURO menu, but no reading order or tag is created. 

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KerryHenviroissues and @Danielle5C13 , can you give us the version of Acrobat you're using, as well as the platform you're on?

On Windows, look under Help/About Acrobat DC Pro.

On Mac, look under the About Acrobat DC Pro menu.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I am running Acrobat Reader DC Version 2020.013.20074.

My computer is a macOS Catalina Version 10.15.3, with a 2.4 GHz processor.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. On page 3 of 7 in my document, I use the TURO selection tool to select text, but clicking *any* of the tag types results in nothing happening. The selection highlight disappears as though a tag were created, but nothing was created - not even out of order.

The kicker: I *am* able to use the TURO tool on form fields! Just not text. It's not only page 3. Nowhere in the document will accept tags on text now.

I've been trying to troubleshoot with different documents, different versions of the same document, etc. It seems to happen arbitrarily. Starting with the exact same document, going through the same tagging procedures, it sometimes happens on page 2, page 3, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines