Highlighted

Touchup Objects in todays versions of Acrobat?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Acrobat X or newer (post touchup tool era), If you edit a PDF will those edits STILL show up as "touchup" objects? Or do they now show up as "textedit" objects? I'm trying to figure out if these objects could be recently edited or if they're more likley part of a decade old template. 
Thanks. 

Tup.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Touchup Objects in todays versions of Acrobat?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Acrobat X or newer (post touchup tool era), If you edit a PDF will those edits STILL show up as "touchup" objects? Or do they now show up as "textedit" objects? I'm trying to figure out if these objects could be recently edited or if they're more likley part of a decade old template. 
Thanks. 

Tup.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the screenshot show?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual objects are "/TouchUp_TextEdit MP". So I'm just trying to sort out whether or not a version of Acrobat post "touchup tool" (X or newer) would still show an edit as a "/TouchUp" or not. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I say.. it's the "touchup" that's throwing me for a loop seeings Adobe trashed that in 2010 when they released X which makes me want to believe these objects are part of an original template that's simply been updated over the years. 

Tup3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you created this Postscript file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's from a PDF. I'm just wondering if a recent version of Acrobat would display the "/TouchUp" object after editing text seeings Adobe got rid of that tool in 2010.. OR if it could be residual from a decade old "template" or something. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I have never seen this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an internal detail, never documented, which you discovered. Adobe might still do this, or something else. You need to research it. I can tell you the Touch-up tool was basically replaced by a new edit tool, but I think some vestige of the old tool may be found under Print Production.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0