Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trigger Print in Adobe Embed API

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to trigger the Print PDF, when I clicked a button on my page. 

How can I achieve this? I can see the Download PDF and Print PDF actions on the upper right of the viewer thru the three dots button but I wan't to be able to print the pdf programatically thru my UI.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Jerson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Embed API does not allow for the programmatic print of the PDF file. If Adobe added that feature, a malicious developer would be able to trigger the printing of a hidden PDF just by landing on a page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, print should be a basic feature of the API. Even the browser itself exposes window.print(). Just my two cents though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the document is print protected, then it should restrict print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when I was a product manager at Adobe we actually got a specific request from several Enterprise IT managers to prevent unprompted printing from Adobe Reader and Acrobat. Imagine landing on a page and suddenly having your printer start spitting out hundreds of pages in full color and chewing through all of your expensive ink cartridges. Programmatic printing is essentially a method to DDoS the print queues for shared printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines