Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble combining PDFs from Windows folder

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used to be able to open a folder and select the PDFs I wanted to combine by selecting them then right-clicking on "Combine files in Acrobat".

arasmussen27_0-1592413371817.png

After doing so, I would come to this screen where I could combine all of my files. It was fast and easy.

arasmussen27_1-1592413591183.png

But after I received my new work computer, when I try and combine my files from that same folder, a minmized generic Adobe page opens and asks to select a task. See below.

arasmussen27_2-1592413737467.png

From here, I have to click on combine files into PDF and then I have to add files in order to combine them. Anyone have any ideas how to just combine the PDFs from my folder like I used to be able to do? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Hi Arasmussen

We are sorry to hear that. As described you are unable to combine PDFs from Windows.

We see that you are using Adobe Acrobat XI. Would you mind sharing the version of the application. Tpo check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat XI

Adobe Acrobat XI is an old and end of support application. The last update was released on 14th Nov 2017 version 11.0.23 please make sure you have the application updated. Go to Help > Check for Updates
You may also try to download the pat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arasmussen

We are sorry to hear that. As described you are unable to combine PDFs from Windows.

We see that you are using Adobe Acrobat XI. Would you mind sharing the version of the application. Tpo check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat XI

Adobe Acrobat XI is an old and end of support application. The last update was released on 14th Nov 2017 version 11.0.23 please make sure you have the application updated. Go to Help > Check for Updates
You may also try to download the patch manually using the link Overview — Release Notes for Legacy Acrobat Products

Untitled.png

For more information please take a look at help article End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal,

It looks like I do in fact have Version 11.0.23 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to create a new test user profile in Windows with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines