• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble printing double-sided

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble printing double-sided.  When the document has an odd number of pages, the first sheet of paper shows the first page and the flip side blank, the rest of the pages are printed double sided in he subsequent sheets.  I need the blank page to be at the end of the document. I know this is an Adobe issue and not a Mac issue, because when I print the same documents using Preview the pages come out correctly.  Any ideas?

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Mac OS X El Capitan

HP Officejet Pro 6970

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fonzie123,

Would you try to toggle "Reverse Pages"(highlighted in ScreenShot) option from print dialogue window?

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

Thanks for your note, but it doesn't work.

All it does is print them in the reverse order, but still the blank page is in the second position and not in the last.  Let me be more specific.

If I print an even paged document - let's say 6 pages, then it prints: Sheet 1 (S1): Front (F) Page 1 (P1); Rear (R) P2; S2: FP3, RP4; S3: FP5, RP6.  This is true with normal or reverse printing, so in reverse i would get: S3: RP6, FP5; S2: RP4, FP3; and S1: RP2, FP1.

When I print an odd paged document - let's say 5 pages, then this is what happens:

S1: FP1, BLANK; S2: FP2, RP3; S3: FP4, RP5 and if i do it in reverse mode, I would still get the blank sheet in the penultimate place, before page one, which is what I am trying to avoid.

It is definitely an Adobe issue, because I can print normally from any other program, and even the same PDF documents when opened using the "Preview" they print correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I printed a three-page document S1: FP1, RP2; S2: FP3. It seems it worked fine both on windows and Mac.

Do you have any updates pending on your machine for Reader DC? To check for updates, launch Reader > Help > Check for updates.

I have shared a link to download that sample 3 page document. You may try to print and let me know how that works for you.

Also, let me know if you can share your document with me. I would like to test that at my end.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

I Printed the document as you told me... I got the same issue:

Sheet one:

Front: "image field" and a square underneath

Back: BLANK

Sheet two:

Front: "you there this is 2nd page" and below "This is second page and about to replace" in orange

Back: "Page 3"

So still having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonzie123,

Have you tried to print a word document? Since the same document that I shared with you works fine at my end.

Have you tried to update printer drivers and tried to reinstall Reader?

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can print word, excel, pages, numbers, and everything prints OK.

I can even print PDF files when using preview. And they print fine, it is just adobe reader that doesn't work

I can try reinstalling DC, how do I go about uninstalling the current version

Fredrick

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fredrick,

Reader DC doesn't have the uninstaller utility, you simply trash it.

Also, try to delete the preferences: How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat. And try updating your printer drivers.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

I just deleted my old Acrobat reader, and installed a new version.  After i was done, it updated to an even newer version.  They I opened the document you sent me yesterday, and went to the printer preferences to make sure it prints two-sided, and got the following message:

"The Print Setup dialog box is provided by the operating system. To ensure that you can use the full print capabilities of Adobe Reader, please set all print options from the Application print dialog box. Do you want to continue?"

What should i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fredrick,

Would you give a look of this thread and try: Page Setup -- printing on tabloid pages

Let me know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Did you ever resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I am paying monthly for "Pro." Not great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Same pdf opened and printed with Word prints fine, with Adobe Reader it leaves the second page blank in the case of a document with odd number of pages. This has nothing to do with the printer, the printer settings, the printer software/drivers nor with the Adobe Reader version (i.e. re-installing and updating does not help). It's an inherent problem of the Adobe Reader program and by the looks of this thread, already since at least 2017! What are you folks going to do about it!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly I'm coming a little late to this party but I'm having the same issue. I've got a 50-ish page report made up of around 20 PDFs to print every week with a couple of places in it where the pages need to be spreads. Doesn't matter if I check reverse or not, if there's an odd number of pages, it always leaves the second page blank. 

I've taken to adding a one-page PDF at the end (with the word 'end') on it to ensure my pagination doesn't come out incorrectly – but this seems like the all-time dumbest workaround imaginable. 

I'm working on Creative Suite with Acrobat Pro DC 2021 – not exactly shareware – using a Mac running Big Sur, printing on a HP Envy. Am I doing something wrong – or is there a really simple problem that Adobe have left untreated for four years?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this problem and found a solution on a different forum. I clicked "print grayscale" and because only the first page actually had any color it treated the first page as a separate document thus causing a blank second page. As soon as I unchecked "print grayscale" the blank second page disappeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having this problem ever since I started paying monthly...it worked while I was just using the free adobe reader. My work around has been to print an even number of pages and then print the last page, but this is super annoying and I often forget and have to reprint it. If this is a known problem, why hasn't it been fixed in 4 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Adobe doesn't care. Just be quiet and keep paying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having this exact same issue.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  

MacOS Big Sur

Brother DCP-J1100DW

No problem when using acrobat on Windows 10.   So it's either you Adobe or Apple. You can point fingers at each other, but I am inclined to blame Adobe because printing from word or other apps from my mac is fine.

PLEASE FIX. We pay A LOT to use your products.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Guess I'll just use Preview, which I didn't pay for. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines