• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Re-Installing Adobe Acrobat Pro X

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own the CS6 Design and Web suite, which came with Adobe Acrobat Pro X. Acrobat Pro X started expereincing regular crashes out of the blue, so I decided to un-install and re-install. However, I can't find a link or a way to download just Acrobat Pro X. Suggestions?

Help is much appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

You must use your original installer. No other is available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use your original installer. No other is available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the correct suggestion by Test Screen Name

Adobe Acrobat X is an old and EOL application. End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distributes runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version

Adobe strongly recommends that customers update to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC. By updating installations to the latest versions, customers benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-x-reader-x.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I need the ability to combine, sign, and add text boxes to PDF. The current free version of Acrobat Reader doesn't offer all the functionality I need, and I'm not willing to subscribe to any Adobe product services - especially considering I already paid a large sum of money for the CS6 Design and Web suite.

I got Acrobat Pro X working again for now, but I will be looking for an alternative to Adobe's services that doesn't require a subscription fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had a subscription this issue would never have happened, as you would have had access to the latest version, compatible with your OS. Because you have a "perpetual" license, and didn't purchase an upgrade to it over the years, you're now stuck with an outdated and incompatible application. Adobe still offers such licenses for Acrobat (called Acrobat 2020 at the moment), but a subscription is the better option, usually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how the subsription service model works, thanks. I'm not a professional in the design field (nor do I plan to be), so again - I'm not considering that as an option.

I didn't know about the license for Acrobat 2020 option though, thanks for that bit of info. However, as someone else in the comments mentioned, I may not want to go that route due to potential compatibility issues. I'll have a think on that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, I was having trouble using the installer earlier, but I just tried it again and it worked. Thanks for the response. It still did a random crash, but I restarted my PC and that seems to have resolved the issue for now.

I know Acrobat Pro X is not supported by Adobe anymore, so any stability issues are my problem now - which feels pretty bad considering how much money I spent on the Design and Web suite. I'm not willing to subscribe to any of Adobe's product services, so I guess I'll have to start looking for a PDF alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, Acrobat X, original version is now crashing for most people. (Start, run for a few seconds, crash). This was a bug in 10.0, and was fixed along the way, so install the final update 10.1.16.

By the way, unlike the rest of CC, Acrobat Pro is available with a "perpetual license" (meaning it runs until Apple or Microsoft break it). This is called Acrobat 2020. HOWEVER, I caution against running any part of CC on a machine with CS6; CC takes over the license and the interaction isn't a nice one. However, you can reasonably expect CS6 to die, in whole or in part, at a future date, and CC may lie in your future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the insight, good to know I wasn't alone on that one!

That bit about Acrobat 2020 is very helpful, I had no idea this was an option. I will definately take your advice and hold off on it for now, though.

Sadly yes, CS6 will die and I'll move to another platform that's either free or offers a 1-time payment option, because (as a non-design professional) CC is most assuredly not in my future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines