Highlighted

turn off automatically open pdf in adobe

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I use a Mac Book Pro and Safari for the web. I do not have a paid subscription to any Adobe product. I recently looked at trials and now have an Acrobat icon on my taskbar. When I try to open a PDF from an email it automatically opens in Adobe Pro for a few seconds then a dialogue box pops up asking me to subscribe or close. I don't know how to turn off this automatically opening option. I did the recommended steps in Chrome, but that is not my default browser and so I don't know what equivalent to do in Safari or if I have other options?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

turn off automatically open pdf in adobe

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I use a Mac Book Pro and Safari for the web. I do not have a paid subscription to any Adobe product. I recently looked at trials and now have an Acrobat icon on my taskbar. When I try to open a PDF from an email it automatically opens in Adobe Pro for a few seconds then a dialogue box pops up asking me to subscribe or close. I don't know how to turn off this automatically opening option. I did the recommended steps in Chrome, but that is not my default browser and so I don't know what equivalent to do in Safari or if I have other options?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natalie

We are sorry for the trouble. As described  you dont want the PDF to automatically open in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Please try to change the default PDF viewer on your computer and see if that helps.

1. Select any PDF file from Finder. Control-click to open the menu.
  2. Choose Get Info from the menu that opens.
  3. From the Open with: section in the new window that opens, select your preferred application.
  4. Click the Change All button.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0