• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

turn off cloud storage

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe Acrobat DC, single license version, is it possible to completely turn off cloud storage?  This includes completely turning off even temporary storage of my own files on the cloud?

I read an online document (from a non-Adobe website),

Acrobat DC Disclaimer for Government Customers

that pertained to government customers (which I am not).  This Disclaimer referred to a "Customization Wizard" which could be used to disable particular services, or all services.  Is such a setup "wizard" available to subscribers of the single license version of Adobe Acrobat DC?

This Disclaimer also said an option was to purchase Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and then install the prior version (Acrobat Version 11).  Is this option available for single license users?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Hello Rengr,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you want to disable the Cloud storage services in Acrobat, Is that correct?

You can use the Adobe Customization Wizard to disable the Cloud Storage in Acrobat and freeware Adobe Reader. Please refer to the following KB article to disable the online services Online features — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

You can also refer to Disable online services/features in Acrobat Reader DC?

To kn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rengr,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you want to disable the Cloud storage services in Acrobat, Is that correct?

You can use the Adobe Customization Wizard to disable the Cloud Storage in Acrobat and freeware Adobe Reader. Please refer to the following KB article to disable the online services Online features — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

You can also refer to Disable online services/features in Acrobat Reader DC?

To know more about Adobe Customization Wizard, please refer to Welcome to the Wizard — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

The record shows that you are not subscribed to any Acrobat subscription/license with your current Adobe ID, for plan and pricing, you can refer to Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use the same tool to disable the Cloud Storage in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jespl,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Yes, you can use the Adobe Customization Wizard to disable the Cloud Storage in Acrobat Pro DC version.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't take this personally but you people are all morons.
You seem to enjoy making people angry.
WHO has several hours to try and work out ALL of the replies posted regarding this PROBLEM.
What we want (as of 2021) is OPEN ACROBAT > EDIT > PREFERENCES > GENERAL > UNCHECK UPLOAD TO CLOUD.
Perhaps this is TOO simple for you people but ALL you seem to do with major problems is give us the run-around and have some new chai-waller give us answers that have been given 100 times before. You should all be politicians.
ANOTHER PROBLEM since 2017 is the ADOBE AI POP UP (Catch up with what is new in Illustrator) >> OVER 4 years people have complained about this annoying feature.
REALLY STUPID PEOPLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your straightforward answer to this problem.  I do not however see the UPLOAD TO CLOUD option that you mention.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want it on at all. You should have to turn it on. Not have it automatically imposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should take it personally.  Stop-Spamming-Me gets customer service!  Give us what we want or we will find someone who will. 

We are tired of the bS answers and blabber talk.  Just answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is a very bad software company. I don't want to put my files on your cloud service, but Adobe doesn't have a good solution for us to turn it off. I don't want to use any Adobe products anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also don't want to use Adobe cloud.. I have enough other places to store files.  Is there still no way to turn it off?  Now regretting having subscribed to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Also do not see that app in my list of apps on the pc.. is it only online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is about as coporate and incompetant as you can get.  They care not for their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such an annoying and useless fuinction.  Adobe pretending they know anything about how real people use Acrobat?  Clearly they have no clue.  Worst thing is you can not even control it without editing the regisirty; who thought that up?

[Edited by Moderator to remove offensive language violating Forum TOS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to trust any company or corporaton, you nor they deserve trust. I want to turn cloud storage off, and I should not have to go to each application. How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE THE FIX

Go to your outlook, go to file, options, then add-ins you will see a box that says "Go..." click on GO and uncheck the adobe Cloud on Outlook option.  That will do the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this person a gold medal, star, and brick.  This is the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

This totally works and is easy to do (and i'm not a computer Wiz at all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have Outlook- and I am on a Mac- any solutions on how to turn this idiotic icloud storage pop-up off for Mac users? 

And, I love all you cranky folks, I thought I would have to start searching and swearing in caps myself but you all have eased my rage, by doing it for me, agreed on of the above except for stupid *&)^%*$#@!(! Adobe answer, thanks!

Every time I close a file I get that stupid save to iCloud pop up it is such a waste of our precious time. I use my own redundancies with hard drive storage and I would never save to the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I close a file I get that stupid save to iCloud pop up it is such a waste of our precious time. I use my own redundancies with hard drive storage and I would never save to the cloud. 

By @Mark245728302ju9

Just to clarify, if you get a message to save to iCloud, then that is an Apple cloud service, not Adobe or Microsoft.

• iCloud = Apple's cloud storage.
  • OneDrive = Microsoft's cloud storage.
  • Document Cloud and Creative Cloud = Adobe cloud storage.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I thought I fixed this problem of not wanting anything to store in the 'cloud' now I just put images into Lightroom for editing and they all went into the cloud!

there was no choice for anything else, help, please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Thank you.

Infuriating that Adobe throws add-ons into software they don't make, and I didn't ask them to modify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when you install Adobe Acrobat (standard and pro versions), it installs their PDF Maker plug-in into MS Office 365 apps and Lotus Notes. At some point way long ago, this was agreed to by Microsoft, Lotus, and Adobe because way back then, this was the ONLY way to export a PDF from these apps. Microsoft hadn't yet developed their own PDF export utility.

But today we have choices and I agree,  users should be 1) warned that Acrobat is about to install PDF Maker in these programs, and 2) allow the user to NOT install them. Of course, you'll then have to find another way to export PDFs using another vendor's plug-in or Microsoft's, but it is your choice nonetheless.

For me, the most annoying thing is that the pop-up to Save to Document Cloud is now installed with the PDF Maker export utility.

I don't mind having PDF Maker because it gives me more options when I need to export a PDF.

It's the  *&^%$#@!  never-ending Document Cloud pop-up that now comes with PDF Maker that's a royal PITA. It needs to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very late reply from me, but nonetheless:

Yes, when you install Adobe Acrobat (standard and pro versions), it installs their PDF Maker plug-in into MS Office 365 apps and Lotus Notes. At some point way long ago, this was agreed to by Microsoft, Lotus, and Adobe because way back then, this was the ONLY way to export a PDF from these apps. Microsoft hadn't yet developed their own PDF export utility.

But today we have choices and I agree,  users should be 1) warned that Acrobat is about to install PDF Maker in these programs, and 2) allow the user to NOT install them. Of course, you'll then have to find another way to export PDFs using another vendor's plug-in or Microsoft's, but it is your choice nonetheless.

For me, the most annoying thing is that the pop-up to Save to Document Cloud is now installed with the PDF Maker export utility.

I don't mind having PDF Maker because it gives me more options when I need to export a PDF.

It's the  *&^%$#@!  never-ending Document Cloud pop-up that now comes with PDF Maker that's a royal PITA. It needs to be removed.

By @Bevi Chagnon - PubCom.com

1000% Agreed. It is infuriating that Adobe (and others) are basically cramming their "use our cloud storage" features down the users' throats. Cloud storage is a fine thing - it's also a thing I wish to NEVER use, unless I literally drag a file into a cloud storage folder.

I can't begin to calculate how much time I've spent with Adobe software, Microsoft, Google, etc turning off all these 'convenience' features, only to have to turn them all off again every time the application updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue (requirement to store our files in a manufacturer's cloud) is being investigated by the FTC (US federal government). Please file a claim about your experience at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

Be specific about the manufacturer (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.), the software program (Word, Acrobat, Creative Suite programs), and how cloud storage is set by default, difficult to stop, and keeps getting reset to use the cloud without notice to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines