• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Step interactive pdf

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have a two-step process for fillable forms. For example one person comes in and fills a couple forms and saves those flat but there remains interactive elements for the next person to fill. I know you can go in and make forms read only after you've filled them but my client will be doing this on a tablet that does not have the "prepare form" editing tab.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking maybe with Adobe Sign?

Since it allows to assign data blocks  for each user this may be a convenient way.

It also allows the users of the form to fill and sign from a web browser or a mobile device without the need to have Adobe Reader DC or Acrobat Pro Dc installed in a computer.

This is just an idea.

Otherwise, I think you may need to employ the locking of fields or making them read only with signature field actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to create all the fields in advance and then hide some of them and use a script (for example, associated with a Signature field's Signed event) to make them visible, and the original ones read-only. You'll need to test whether that works on a mobile device, though. I'm not sure it will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll look into this and if it will solve my issue. Do you have any recommendations for resources related to those types of scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines