• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UD UD Signature Name Issue on Adobe Sign

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The business I work for has multiplue Adobe licenses and we have had no issues so far. We have a user who successfully signed up with their name and email address. His name is properly displayed in the settings and under the name & signer settings. For some reason when he sends out documents for anyone to sign, it says they are being sent from 'UD UD' instead of his email address like everyone elses does. This also appears when he signs documents himself. Is there a way to fix this? I have tried everything I can think of to remedy this and we have customer's who are nervous about opening documents from that unregistered name. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue, all my documents sign requests show display name UD UD. And yes, I have fully updated my name in the profile. Who can have a look into this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An appropriate response would be addressing the question rather than trying to play community cop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever figure this out? We are having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here too. Please post fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrea "did you ever figure this out? We are having the same issue."

GeraldX "Having the same issue here too. Please post fix."

It took about three or four weeks of using the chat and calling until I found a guy to fix it. Note: "IT IS ON THEIR END", but they will insist it is your error.

Each person I spoke with would give me a reference number because they couldn't figure it out and said they would follow up. They will not call you back until they decide your issue is not yours and they refer you up the hierarchy to someone with the knowledge to fix it.

I used the chat feature which was a joke and appeared to be a method to just put you off. After re-explaining the issue each time, they would give me a reference number, but when I followed up later ( I do have a businees to run and couldn't stay on forever) they didn't recognize the number. :-{

Their help system is like a scavenger hunt, but keep them on the phone and keep requesting another person until you get someone who can actually help, especially if they are taking too long, don't wait. I had one guy on the phone for over an hour only to have him tell me "Well, you are using the signing tool correctly." Then he cut me off. Ugh.

Enough rant..., but I think the issue is that you have to maneuver their hierarchy until you get someone at a higher level of knowledge. I actually got on a waiting list at the end and the guy who did the fix finally called me.

Here was my situation:

When I requested signatures in Adobe Acrobat Pro, user e-mail addys that I requested sigs from would come up as UD-UD (which means Undefined).

The steps leading up to the issue were:

1. Click "Request Signatures" under the E-Sign tab.

2. Click "More Options".

3. Enter the recipients' e-mail addresses and click "Next".

4. In the upper right corner there is an option for "Advanced editing on". Make sure it is enabled.

At this point you will see the recipients' e-mail addresses and the UD-UD issue in the affected addresses.

The fix was they had to go in and add each of the affected e-mail addresses in my account. The guy who fixed it logged into my account and when I gave him the affected addys, he was able to see which ones had the error and corrected them. 

Going forward, write out the steps leading up to where you find the error as I did above and keep it somewhere where you can either copy/paste or refer to. If you use chat, copy and paste the conversations and get a reference number (worthless, but when you get several they become a good substantiation tool)!

As far as getting to that same guy...just keep requesting someone else until you get someone who can actually help.

I do hope this helps you avoid some of the frustration I experienced...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what a customer service person told me to do and it worked:

Please open https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ > Avatar Icon > Settings > E-sign settings > Account > Profile > Check the Email Id mentioned here.

I edited the profile and was able to change my first and last name, which was UD UD and causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines