Unable to apply digital signature in PDF Form

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Support Community, I created a Form from an existing PDF document that I would like potential clients to complete and sign.  In the Form, I inserted a field for a digital signature.  When testing out the Form with my own data, all the fields functioned, except the one for the digital signature.  When trying to perform the digital signature, it gave me an error message (shown below), including Report Codes 4000 - Unrecognised PDF Content, 1001 - Comment or form field may silently change, 1008 - Document contains hidden behavior, and 1002 - Comment or form field may silently change.  Can you please advise on how best to resolve this issue ?

defaultq7hutk0vlw22_0-1616598879848.png

TOPICS
PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with every PDF that you try to digitally sign?

Seems to me like the PDF that you're currently using was not sanitized entirely. Maybe it has signatures that need to be cleared, or some sort of editing restrictions that need to be cleared (if it had password protection before).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines