Highlighted

Unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list using Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to delete a signature in the drop down so that I can add a new one. The delete box is grayed out and won't respond.

invoice.JPG

[Title Edited By Moderator]

Dear all,

I had a similar issue; unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list.

Then I did this:
1. Close Adobe Reader application
2. Microsoft Windows - Go to Local(C) > Users > User(Yours) > AppData> Roaming> Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Security
3. Rename the below files
    reader_fss_signature_initials into XXXreader_fss_signature_initials
    reader_fss_signature_initiali into XXXreader_fss_signature_initiali
    reader_fss_signature_initialk into XXXreader_fss_signature_initialk
4. Open Adobe Reader application, then the signature in the Fill & Sign Tool is back to default blank

The issue has been fixed and system will create a new files for reader_fss_signature_initials, reader_fss_signature_initiali, and reader_fss_signature_initialk.

You may keep XXX---- files for the backup.

Hope this can help you.

Cheers,

jfk

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list using Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to delete a signature in the drop down so that I can add a new one. The delete box is grayed out and won't respond.

invoice.JPG

[Title Edited By Moderator]

Dear all,

I had a similar issue; unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list.

Then I did this:
2. Microsoft Windows - Go to Local(C) > Users > User(Yours) > AppData> Roaming> Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Security
4. Open Adobe Reader application, then the signature in the Fill & Sign Tool is back to default blank

The issue has been fixed and system will create a new files for reader_fss_signature_initials, reader_fss_signature_initiali, and reader_fss_signature_initialk.

Hope this can help you.

Cheers,

jfk

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 07, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to delete a signature in the drop-down menu and add a new one.

Are you getting any error message when trying to delete an existing signature or initial? If yes, please share the screenshot of the error message for a better understanding.

Also, what is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC installed? To check the version of the application please use the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Make sure you have the latest version of the application 19.21.20061 Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Please click on the 'Minus' sign in front of the signature or initial to delete the existing one and then click on the 'Plus' sign to add a new signature or initial

Let us know if you still face the issue 

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no error messages that come up. When I click on the gray minus
sign, it does nothing. That is the problem. There is no plus sign to add a
new signature or initial. Below is the version I have:

[image: image.png]

[Personal Information Removed By the Moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that the issue is still unresolved.

Please try to repair installation (For Windows) Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work please try the following steps and see if that helps:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sat down with my IT administrator and we tried both of these suggestions.
However, they did not make a difference.

We did some more trouble shooting and ended up logging out of Adobe DC and
there was a brief window where we could delete the signatures. Now, when I
log back in I am able to add a signature and it saves it. Strange.

Thank you,
*Beckie Page*
[Personal Information Removed By Moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beckie, 

We are glad to hear that the issue got resolved. 

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beckie can you please let me know how you fixed this? I'm having the same problem. I'm on a Mac and I did just get a new laptop/Catalina but can't recall if I've changed a signature since then. Amal - any suggestions besides above? It's really a big problem.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem as well.  Using version 2020.006.20034 of Abobe Acrobat Pro DC.  We first started noticing this issue a week or so ago.  It is extremely annoying and we would like to fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem, really makes me angry!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are ignoring us. We should all cancel! They do not care f the product is not functioning. They just take us for suckers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

We are sorry for the delay in response and the trouble you have faced. 

please try the following steps and see if that helps:

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012) and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I also have same exact issue, whenever i click "-" its not responding and i cant change the signature. I've reinstall the Adobe Acrobat Pro Dc but still same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chris 

We are sorry for the trouble. 

please try the following steps and see if that helps:

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012) and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Has this been resolved, just happened on mine now as well. I am on a Mac on the lastest OS.

Done the install /reinstall. Not a configuratoin issue, this is a Adobe code issue. 

Stuck without the ability.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

Have you tried creating a new user account with full admin rights or enabling the root account in Mac as described above?

If it still doesn't work, please collect the log files of the profile in which you are experiencing the issue and share the file with us for further investigation. Please upload the file to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Come on Adobe. Fix this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshknoedler 

We are sorry for the trouble.

Please try to update the application to the new version 20.009.20065 and see if the works. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same has happened to me... just spent 30 mins uninstalling and reinstalling - to no avail.

Really don't want to spend the day messing around with new profiles etc - and shouldn't have to.

Please sort it asap Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone having this problem, I followed Becky's example and logged out then back in and it worked. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Then I did this:

Hope this can help you.

Cheers,

jfk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I had to log out of Adobe and sign back in -- once I did that I was able to delete signatures and add new ones again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 2
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.  Logging out and logging back in was the easiest fix for me, without having to edit the file names.  Adobe, by their responses, clearly cares little for listening, addressing, and actually fixing issues.  They act as if this is open source software and something we are not paying for.  I had an issue where Adobe Acrobat DC was crashing every few minutes and it took them 10 months to get an update to fix it.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0