Highlighted

Unable to comment on certain parts of a pdf

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just printed a drawing to .pdf that I wish to mark up for the drafter.  I can use the highlight tool in certain areas of the pdf but not others?  It doesn't seem to let me highlight text with the highlight tool from the Comment toolbar?  Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.  New user.

Andrew.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to comment on certain parts of a pdf

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just printed a drawing to .pdf that I wish to mark up for the drafter.  I can use the highlight tool in certain areas of the pdf but not others?  It doesn't seem to let me highlight text with the highlight tool from the Comment toolbar?  Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.  New user.

Andrew.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,  

My guess is that the parts of the drawing that you can't highlight are not composed of actual fonts. Acrobat's highlight toolhas two modes: one that works on actual fonts, and another that works on raster images. But if your drawing is vector (and the letters are made of stick fonts, which are common in engineering drawings, then it won't work as one would expect. 

If you run OCR on the docuemnt first, then you'll be able to highlight a bit betterm as you would expect. This video should help: https://youtu.be/9_LhNl1Jw0w

How to Use Acrobat DC Highlighter tool to highlight non-text itemsIf you like this video, please check out my PDF Commenting course at Lynda.com, where I hav...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Document_Geek,

So I watched the video link you provided and I still seem to be having the same issue. The steps I have taken are as follows:-

* Print an AutoCAD drawing to PDF so I can mark it up and send it back to the drafter

* Open the .pdf using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

* As per the video, I selected the "Edit PDF" icon on the right hand side toolbar

* The document showed the "watch" looking symbol and the text box came up stating it was performing page recognition and then changed to converting scanned image to editable text (is this correct as I don't have a scanned image??)

* Started up the "Commenting" icon and selected the highlight tool

* Nothing will highlight

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Could you please let us know if still face the issue after running OCR as suggested by Document_Geek ?

Regards,

Arvind

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arvindy, I have now replied above.  Sorry, due to time differences and the weekend only just started up again in Australia..

Andrew.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0