• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to convert Postscript File (new / 2021)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have two printers - Epson P5000 and Epson P9000. Up until recently, I have been able to print PDFs without issue. Yesterday (on both), I received the "Unable to convert Postscript File." (I am on a Mac, 10.15.7)

The kicker was -- if I exported the pdf to phososhop and saved it as a photoshop pdf, and then re-opened it in Adobe Acrobat -- I could then print it without issue. 

I did make sure the drivers were updated; at the bottom of my Epson print menu, it does say 'Postscript disabled' with no option to turn it on and no explanation why. I cannot understand if this is an Epson problem or an Adobe problem, but since others here have the same issue with different printers, I suspect it's an Adobe problem. 

I have made sure Adobe is updated. I have rebooted, tried resetting the printer menus back to factory standard. Nothing seemed to help. Any ideas?

Toni

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh -- okay, I just updated to OS 11, which apparently solved whatever the problem was. So for Mac users, check for OS updates first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running Mac OSX 12.0.1-----updated to the latest Acrobat and now I can't print from Acrobat--it gives me the "unable to convert postcript file"---and it will not print .--this has never happened before this update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines