• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to convert Word doc to PDF, Error: "An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF."

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time we right-click a Word doc and select the option to convert to PDF, we get the following error: "An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF."  We're running Windows 7.  Office 2010.  Adobe Acrobat Pro XI. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrisg41131015,

It seems that PDFMaker plugin has issues on your machine. Can you check this out: Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker issues in Microsoft Office on Windows and let us know if that helps.

Launch Word and use PDFMaker from Microsoft Word ribbon and check if you are able to convert doc file to PDF file?

Also, check upon launch Word you have PDFMaker enabled.

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately none of that resolved the issue.  I can Save As Adobe PDF the Word doc with no problem.  I can also Create PDF from within the Word doc as well.  The only issue it when right-clicking any Word doc and using the Convert PDF option.  We'd like to get this working again for when we need to convert multiple files at once instead of one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisg41131015,

There is an installation method called click-to-Run with Microsoft Office suite and there is a possibility some components which we require for interaction doesn't get installed often seen in cases like this.

So, I would request you try installing Microsoft Office Suite using offline installer method: Use the Office 2016 offline installer - Office Support

Once you reinstall Office suite restart your machine and try again. Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed Office 2010 and installed Office 2013 32-bit.  After that I was able to use the convert to PDF option for individual and multiple Word docs.  To further test I uninstalled 2013, uninstalled Adobe, re-installed 2010 and Adobe.  After that I ended up with the original problem of converting to PDF.  So apparently there's something wrong with how Office 2010 and the right-click convert to PDF option behaves with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chrisg41131015,

Is office 2010 32-bit? There is mention of registering context menu dll's Re: Acrobat X Pro - Windows 7 - Missing context menu though the thread discusses old version, but you can try after navigating to the latest version location on your machine. 

Let me know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines