Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create PDF from scanner

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Since a few days (and last update), I can't create any document from my printer. When I go to File > New document > Create from scanner, the software freezes and I cant interact with it anymore nor close the window. When I go to the task manager I can see that the software is still responding but I have to kill Acrobat to close it. Here is a screenshot from Acrobat when I try to create a PDF from my scanner :

Capture d’écran 2021-04-18 204335.png

I tried reinstalling it and run the reparing utility from Help > Repare installation but it didn't fix the issue. My printer works nice so the issue comes from Adobe Acrobat.

I'm running version 2021.001.20149 (last one available) and yes my printer is well connected to my computer and is turned on.

Can you please help me fix this issue, I'm not able to scan any document now !!

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Hi,

I've uninstall everything from my printer manufacturer (Canon) as well as all adobe creative cloud apps and it now works fine. It was quite a strange issue, maybe a corrupted file or register.

Thanks for your feedback !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, @After Design 

What happens if you try to scanning from another application? Have you tried updating your scanner drivers? 
You may also check this help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html related to scanner troubleshooting and let us know how it works for you. 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've uninstall everything from my printer manufacturer (Canon) as well as all adobe creative cloud apps and it now works fine. It was quite a strange issue, maybe a corrupted file or register.

Thanks for your feedback !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that it is working for you. And thank you for sharing the information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines