Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete Digital ID for Digital ID File as Storage Mechanism

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to remove all of the Digital ID Files created in Adobe Pro DC, Adobe Reader, Adobe X.  I get the following warning "Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 8.0 or later". I created these digital IDs in Adobe X and Adobe Pro DC.  I have searched in the Adobe Support Communitty for a solution but there's no luck in finding the right answer.

Hopefully someone is able to help.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey htnguyen, 

As shared above, while deleting Digital IDs you are receiving following error message- "Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 8.0 or later" However, those IDs were created by you within Acrobat DC and Acrobat X. In that case there shouldn't be any problem deleting the IDs, unless you are locating the correct pxf file.

Please check this help article and follow the exact same steps :

Option 1: Remove Digital ID from Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat
These steps will guide you to remove Digital ID in Acrobat Pro Preferences.

1. In Adobe Acrobat, click on Edit – Preferences.

2. Choose Signatures in the left categories, and click “More” after Identities & Trusted Certificates.

3. Click Digital ID, and you can see what they are. Select the digital ID you want to remove. Then click Remove ID.

remove digital ID

Option 2: Delete Digital ID File in Acrobat Pro Preferences or from Computer File Route
1. Expand the tree view under Digital IDs and then select Digital ID Files.

remove digital ID file

2. Highlight the file name on the list box on the rights.

3. Click the Detach File button on the Security Settings dialog toolbar.

Or delete digital ID file in computer:

1. Click Start, and open Computer. Turn to digital ID file route.

Generally it is located here: C:\Users\isunshare\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0\Security

delete digital ID file

2. Find the .pfx file named digital ID. And delete it from computer.

Let us know if it still doesn't let you deleting Digital IDs.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard, Version 9.0.0.

When I go to the EDIT>Preferences, there is no "Signature" choice on the left list so I cannot get to the and the only way to get to the Digital ID is by clicking on ADVANCED>Security Settings.

I can see the Windows Digital IDs and the 3 (don't even remember when I could have created those ID). I click Remove ID and I get :

"Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 8.0 or later".

I have +Add ID, Usage Options is greyed out, Certificate Details, Export, Refresh and Remove ID, which doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...I have version 10.1.16 and i don't see a Signatures tab OR an Advanced Tab... i can't find any tab to delete my digital ID...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I press "Remove ID" and nothing happens. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I press "Remove ID" and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am also trying to delete a digital ID in the repository.

I am trying to delete in the menu but I get the same message:

"Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 8.0 or later"

I try to find the file to delete it, but no luck. Under program files (plain and x86) and app data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I renamed the file and the entry dissapeared as I needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines