Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit a fillable PDF

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Someone sent me a fillable PDF that does not require a signature. They don't have Acrobat DC so asked me to edit some of the content. I did this and sent it back to them. There were further corrections to be made so they sent it back again but now I cannot edit the text in the fillable fields. What's happened to the file?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very hard to say without seeing the actual file. But ask them what application they used to edit it, and how they saved it when they were done...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

without accessing the file, it might hard to give you a definite answer.

Check the security setting (File > Properties) as it might indicate why the file is 'locked' .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve checked all the securities and everything else I can think of. I can see no difference between the one I can edit and the one I can’t

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the older file? If so, open each file (old and new) and use File > Properties -- Description. The only thing that should have changed is the Modified date. Check that the Created, Application, and PDF Producer are all the same. If these have changed, it's been through some other app which has removed the fillable fields. (If you can tell us Application and Producer we may have an idea what happened - or not!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The only difference it the date created and modified

The original was created ages ago and modified 2/11. The uneditable one is created 2/11 and modified 4/11.

Everything else is the same.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines