• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit PDF in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to edit a file in adobe Acrobat DC.  I get an error message saying "Adobe Acrobat has encountered an unknown error".  I tried to Print the usinfg Acrobat Print and other solutions as iare suggested in the blog as a work around but I don't have an option to print with Acrobat Print on my Mac.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajsiena

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are not able to edit the PDF file and getting the error 'Adobe Acrobat has encountered an unknown error'

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

You may try to do 'Save As Adobe PDF' in the print dialogue box as described in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/print-to-pdf.html#mac and see if that makes any difference.

Another approach would be Go to Tools > Optimize PDF > Advance Optimization > Make the compatibility with one of the following options in the dropdown list and see if that works for you.

Untitled.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those steps didn’t work. I am able to edit other PDF’S, but even on the others I cannot use the Format tools on the right side. They are greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC.

Make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Also, please share a sample PDF file with us for testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines