• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to find Adobe PDF resource files on Acrobat XI Pro.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed the Acrobat XI Pro on Windows 7 Professional 64 bits.  When I open a XLSX file from MS Excel 2010 64 bits and choose Create PDF, appears an error message “Unable to find Adobe PDF resource files. Acrobat PDFMaker “. What I can do to resolve this problem?

I do not have this problem on converting DOCX files from MS Word 2010 64 bits version.

This problem does not exist on Acrobat X Pro version.

Best Regards,

Nuno Diniz

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

There is a known issue where you'll see this message when Acrobat XI is installed to coexist with X.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nuno,

It is working fine for me with your configuration.

Try other workflows

1. Right click the XLSX file in explorer -> Convert to Adobe PDF

2. OR Drag and drop the XLSX file to Acrobat window.

Also, did you installed Acrobat X1 fresh or upgraded above X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your help, but did not work anyway. Appears an error message “Acrobat PDFMaker. An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF.”

I upgraded above Acrobat X Pro.

I already did a Repair Acrobat Installation and do not work.

If I can’t resolve this important resource, alone it is lacking me uninstall and do an clean installation.

What do you think?

Regards,

Nuno  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nuno,

Do you have any other 3rd party add-ins installed into Excel?

Has this ever worked since installing Acrobat XI?

You may want to try repairing Office, then repairing Acrobat again. 

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

1) No;

2) No. With Acrobat X Pro worked without problems;

3) I already do that and the problem persist.

If I uninstall XI version and install X version, works. With XI version do not work. It's a bug?

Nuno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nuno,

With Excel 2010 open, choose File > Options.  Click 'Add-ins'.

What are the 'Active Application Add-ins'?

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Active Application Add-ins: Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin on C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\PDFMaker\Office\x64\PDFMOfficeAddin.dll

Regards,

Nuno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you installed XI, did you uninstall X or did you decide to keep both versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I uninstall X version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue where you'll see this message when Acrobat XI is installed to coexist with X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Lori,

My Acrobat XI did not installed to coexist with X.

But I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable on http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 and the problem as gone.

I followed the instructions on PDFMaker in 64 Bit Office on http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-xi-reader.html and all works well.

So, I think that the Acrobat XI version needs this software to work in good condition on 64 bits versions of MS Office.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Nuno Diniz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having issues with pdfmaker only not working in excel....this" But I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable on http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 and the problem as gone."

Solved that thank you so much..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, this method worked for me, but I had to load a slightly different version. C++ 2015

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=52685

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received a response from the user. He followed the instructions mentioned under PDFMaker in 64 Bit Office on the known issue link provided by Lori. It worked for him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a fix for this on Windows 7 64bit running office 2007. I found it by accident really while trying to figure out why Qiicktime was also throwing out an error not being able to finf active X control which also solved the issues I was having with Acrobat. http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/fix-for-quicktime-error-46-could-not-find-or-load-acti...

Problem now solved and Acrobat toolbar now shows up in the office applications!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines