• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to generate PDF using Acrobat Distiller option (trying Watched Folder option)

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Experts ,

I am using windows X with Acrobat Pro DC, currently trying to set up Watched folder with Acrobat Distiller for converting bunch of word files to PDF. I was able to successfully set up those folders as per the instructinon provided in below link. However, after i ran the post script file, its not generating any PDF file instead the word document moved into the "Out" folder along with log file with below error message. 

%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: PK ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/creating-pdfs-acrobat-distiller.html

Can you please helpe me on this error. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Simple answer to this.

Acrobat Distiller can only convert PostScript (or properly setup EPS) files to PDF. It cannot convert Word or any other such files to PostScript and then to PDF.

Distiller is the wrong tool for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer to this.

Acrobat Distiller can only convert PostScript (or properly setup EPS) files to PDF. It cannot convert Word or any other such files to PostScript and then to PDF.

Distiller is the wrong tool for this!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. I was always under the impression, this option was allowing to convert word to PDF (i recollected doing this way, when i was using adobe acrobat version 7 or so).  Is there any better and quickest way to convert lot of word files in quick time, i am fully aware about the "Create PDF", "using Save as PDF" within Action wizard options. But, they are not totally efficient enough to convert batch of word files, every time it wil launch the MS word appliction which would be disturbing my other activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Distiller never did this. You are using the correct function. Word is always started to do the conversion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the inputs. Sorry, i dont think so no one would like this feature. Its verry annoying when you have word files opening and interfering on your other activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any better and quickest way to convert lot of word files in quick time?"

Open Acrobat Pro, go to the File menu : Open.

Select "All Files" in the local menu, select all your DOCX files, then click Open.

Capture_294.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit DOCX to PDF conversion settings in the Preferences:

Capture_295.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be very, very clear about this. All the methods for creating PDF files from Microsoft Word documents (as well as Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations) involving Acrobat utimately loading and running Word (or Excel or PowerPoint) in the background to perform the formatting and resource amalgamation required for Acrobat to create the PDF file(s).

And to reiterate, Acrobat Distiller never had any functionality to open and convert to PDF any file types other than PostScript and properly structured EPS files. This includes Acrobat 7 (which you recollect did otherwise) and is true all the way back to Acrobat 1.0.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines