Highlighted

Unable to open PDFs in Acrobat.

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every download I try to open in Adobe gives me an error message that the file is damaged or isn't supported.  This happens if I try with an attachment in an email or a scan I have done on my own. I have tried to repair my installation and checked for updates.

Topics

PDF forms, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open PDFs in Acrobat.

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every download I try to open in Adobe gives me an error message that the file is damaged or isn't supported.  This happens if I try with an attachment in an email or a scan I have done on my own. I have tried to repair my installation and checked for updates.

Topics

PDF forms, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I'd recommend is looking at the following:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-error-1015-11001-update.html

If that doesn't provide help please:

• Provide details on Operating System you are using and version (e.g. Windows 10).
  • Version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC you are using (have you updated to the latest version?)
  • Information on the file type you are opening (I've assumed you are trying to open PDFs?).
  • Provide screenshots of any errors you might be seeing as well pls.
  • Are you opening a PDF Form? or any PDF? (If the issue is not specific to PDF forms I'll move it to another forum for better support).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF
Add a group