Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open secured PDF

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Does anyone know how to open secured PDF on iOS13?

I've instealled the required certificate successfully, but my iPhone is still unable to open the PDF via Outlook.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe Adobe Reader on the iPhone is equipped to handle certificate encryption. Certainly, Outlook and other PDF readers are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Henry!

Thank you for reaching out.

As you are unable to open the secured PDF on iOS, could you please let us know if you are using the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application to open the PDF?

What happens when you try to open the PDF? Do you receive any error messages? 

Are you opening the file directly from Outlook? If yes, try saving it on the device and then try to open it.

Share the application and OS version on the device.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can ope pdf file fine, but just not "secured" pdf within the Outlook environment for some reason.  Saving to device is not possible as these attachments come thru in the p7m format.  I want to make it clear too that it's secured pdf (requiring certificate to open) that I'm having trouble with, not password protected pdf.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines