• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to place second signature Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on paid Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for over a year.

In the last 2 weeks, Acrobat is no longer allowing me to countersign (2nd signer) on documents signed through Adobe on their end.

Error states "Author of this form has specified the fields which you can fill..."  Screenshot attached.

I've spoken with sender and they neither specified fields nor were given the option.

Yes, I've checked for patches, repairs, updates, and rebooted. 

Please advise on the fix for this.  Very frustrated to pay for subscription primarily to sign documents and have this not work.

thanks,

Brad

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.  As described you are unable to counter sign (2nd Signature) on the signed PDF document.

Have you got the link in the email via Adobe Sign to sign the document or have you got the PDF document as an email attachment?

It looks like the PDF document is already signed using digital signature by the first user and sent to you as an email attachment. Usually, once the PDF is signed and the signature process is complete the document gets locked for further editing and becomes read only https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/edit-signed-PDF.html

Please ask the user to share the PDF using the Fill and Sign tool > Request Signatures (Powered by Adobe Sign, available in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC) and keep himself and  you in the recipient list in the order he wants the signatures to be done. so that once the first person will sign the document it will go to the next user for signatures. For more information please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html#Continuous

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Thanks for responding.  I've used Fill and Sign as last signer and NEVER been notified it was locking the document.

My business requires us to countersign documents on a regular basis.  I'm now in the position of notifiying all my vendors that have moved Adobe products instead of print-sign-scan that they have to take additional steps.  Less work for them, more work for my team educating users on how to best use an Adobe product.

What is the timeline for fixing the software to notify users that "Sign yourself " locks the document?  

My other 'choice' here is to have my contracts admin team assign all signers when we start the process.  If we wanted to do that, we'd be on DocuSign.

Thanks,

Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

We are sorry to hear that.

Have you got the link in the email via Adobe Sign to sign the document or have you got the PDF document as an email attachment?

Before you sign a PDF, you can save a copy of the PDF. Also, while signing the PDF, you’re prompted to save as the PDF. You can choose a different name so that you have the original PDF unsigned.

If you’re expecting others to sign the PDF, don’t select the Lock document after signing option in the Sign As dialog box or the Sign Document dialog box as described in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/edit-signed-PDF.html#Howtohandlesuchissuesbetterinfuture

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I've described the problem, but y'all seem to be answering a dif't question.

Saving copies of documents to have more to track isn't a solution, just more work.

Ourside vendors are sending me a PDF via email that has been locked after they sign.  I've confirmed they are getting no "Sign as" dialog box that allows them to lock/unlock after signing.  The "sign yourself" option is automatically locking the document without any notification.  

Please advise when the 'lock document after signing' will be integrated to the 'sign yourself' option.  

Thanks,

Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Signing the document (Digitally or by Fill and Sign > Sign yourself option) locks it for futher changes. As described in the help page shared earlier, It is a design behavior.

You may use the wish form https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html to submit your request with engineering team for integrating 'Lock document after signing' into 'sign yourself' option.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  I appreciate you trying here, but this is a MAJOR inconenience and I'm not going to spend more time on this.

If Adobe hasn't given you a way to escalate, that tells me what I need to know about Adobe's product development process.

We'll be moving our paid subscriptions to Docusign.  

Thanks for your time,

Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having a simple countersign feature, and the clunky workaround suggested above,  is a HUGE hurdle for me as well. Brad is docusign more condusive to (what should be a simple) countersigning step? TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a simple way for multiple signatures in an Adobe PDF document? Simpler than printing, signing, scanning, and emailing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @henryd57234250 

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines