Highlighted

Unable to Print 8.5 X 17`" Form

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fillable contract form of 8.5" x 17" based on the maximum size paper that their Ricoh printer can accomodate. The paper had to be custom ordered as you can't buy it at any store.  The paper arrived, we went to test printing out the form and no matter what we tried, the form would not print properly.
The form shows as 8.5 x 17 but if you try to print it won't print properly.   Since it is possible to print 11 x 17 I have to imagine that there is some way to make it print 8.5 X 17.    If anyone can tell me what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it.  To order the paper custom we had to order $400.00 worth.  I would hate to see that wasted.   Thanks

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to Print 8.5 X 17`" Form

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fillable contract form of 8.5" x 17" based on the maximum size paper that their Ricoh printer can accomodate. The paper had to be custom ordered as you can't buy it at any store.  The paper arrived, we went to test printing out the form and no matter what we tried, the form would not print properly.
The form shows as 8.5 x 17 but if you try to print it won't print properly.   Since it is possible to print 11 x 17 I have to imagine that there is some way to make it print 8.5 X 17.    If anyone can tell me what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it.  To order the paper custom we had to order $400.00 worth.  I would hate to see that wasted.   Thanks

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the form would not print properly."

What is happening exactly when it "doesn't print properly"? Is there an error message? Does anything print?

"no matter what we tried"

What have you tried so we don't repeat the things you have already done?

Can you show screen shots of the Acrobat Print dialog and the print settings from the Ricoh?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane.  Thank you for the response.  After a good nights sleep and in the process of being more specific to respond to your question I discovered that I was trying to control the print from the wrong section.  I have now been able to get the form to print using the custom size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good night's sleep followed by a good cup of coffee in the morning have been known to solve many computer issues. 😊 I'm glad yours is sorted!

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0