• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print pdf documents with different page sizes

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the newest version of Reader DC (21.001.20135) and I can no longer print pdf documents on different sizes of paper based on pdf page size.  For example, it just wants to print all on one size, cutting off the top and bottom (first 2 pages are 8.5 x 11, 3rd is 8.5 x 14) on the 3rd page.

I have verified this happened when it updated, as older versions work fine.  Verified on multiple workstations.

Please advise, I hope a fix is coming soon!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

Please try the same workflow, with turning off the 'Protected Mode' and then try printing the same.

Steps to turn off the 'Protected Mode' :

1. Launch Acrobat
  2. Click on Edit (from Menu Bar) > Preferences
  3. Click on 'Security (Enhanced)'
  4. Uncheck 'Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)' > Click Yes (on popup)
    • Capture.PNG
  5. Click on OK > Close & Re-Launch application (reader)

Please do let us know if the same fixes your issue.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivasta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience so far.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that contains the fix. 

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe  

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking for a place to download an older version of reader, and saw this url (ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/), but it no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

Please try the same workflow, with turning off the 'Protected Mode' and then try printing the same.

Steps to turn off the 'Protected Mode' :

1. Launch Acrobat
  2. Click on Edit (from Menu Bar) > Preferences
  3. Click on 'Security (Enhanced)'
  4. Uncheck 'Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)' > Click Yes (on popup)
    • Capture.PNG
  5. Click on OK > Close & Re-Launch application (reader)

Please do let us know if the same fixes your issue.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swapnil,

Thanks, that did the trick!

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did not fix my problem. My printer is Brother 6200 and I have the printer trays set as one letter and two legal.  I have pdf allowed to choose the  paper size.  I have protected unchecked as stated here and restarted. Brother had me switch drivers to IPP instead of their driver. None of this works.  There must be a setting wrong somewhere.  Please help, this is very important to have this fixed.  I am using Adobe reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience so far.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that contains the fix. 

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe....  

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have updated to the latest version and this feature still doesn't work for me.  I tried uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader and reinstalling (including updating to latest version after installation), and I've tried all of the actions recommended in this thread.  I still cannot get a pdf document to print BOTH Letter and Legal pages properly.  It will print only Legal or only Letter depending on the size of the first page.  

Here are the specs for my workstation and Adobe:

Windows 10 Home (Version 2004)

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Version 2021.001.20142

Please advise how I can resolve this.  Thank you!

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines