Highlighted

Unable to print PDF files on RDS after X number of hours

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

We have a client who has installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC continuous release | Version 202.012.20043 installed on a number of Windows server 2016 RDS session host servers.All RDS session host servers were cloned from a master server with all applications installed.

There is one user who is having a weird issue on only one of those RDS session host servers at random time intervals.

This user is able to print PDF files for x number of hours but afterwards the user is not able to print. The user can open PDF files , select the correct printer (which is a network printer from Fuji Xerox, FX DocuCentre-VII C2273  using the latest PCL 6 driver) and issue the print command but nothign gets printed.

1. I checked on the printer and the job has not reached the printer and its not shown on the printers queue or any of the job logs incliuding failed jobs.

2. No erros are generated on the RDS session.

Other users on the same session host server can print PDF files without any issues. When I installed a different PDF reader for that user (I used a portable version ) it printed without any issues.

I am ata complete loss on this so if someone can shere their thoughts i would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dhan

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to print PDF files on RDS after X number of hours

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

We have a client who has installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC continuous release | Version 202.012.20043 installed on a number of Windows server 2016 RDS session host servers.All RDS session host servers were cloned from a master server with all applications installed.

There is one user who is having a weird issue on only one of those RDS session host servers at random time intervals.

This user is able to print PDF files for x number of hours but afterwards the user is not able to print. The user can open PDF files , select the correct printer (which is a network printer from Fuji Xerox, FX DocuCentre-VII C2273  using the latest PCL 6 driver) and issue the print command but nothign gets printed.

1. I checked on the printer and the job has not reached the printer and its not shown on the printers queue or any of the job logs incliuding failed jobs.

2. No erros are generated on the RDS session.

Other users on the same session host server can print PDF files without any issues. When I installed a different PDF reader for that user (I used a portable version ) it printed without any issues.

I am ata complete loss on this so if someone can shere their thoughts i would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dhan

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0

Have something to add?