• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print some PDF from Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exported a set of PDF drawings from AutoCAD LT 2021 and when I send them to print through Acrobat Pro DC, some wouldn't print at all. All PDF files contain the same layer/hatch information and were exported all in one go. I haven't had an issue with this in the past. Also, I did a test print from my other Mac computer and the drawings printed fine. It seems like something is wrong with Acrobat settings on my main Mac computer. See error message in the printer window in the screenshot attached below. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maijav

We are sorry for the trouble. as described you are unable to print some PDF using Acrobat pro DC

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC.
A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available version 20.12.20041. Please try to  update the application to the new version and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also, please check for any missing /pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating it. You may also try to remove the printer driver and firmware and reinstall them.

You may also take a look at the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal,

Thank you for your reply!

I have tried everything described in the help page you shared with me but nothing worked with an exception of 'Print as Image' setting but the quality wasn't acceptable. I have also re-installed Adobe Acrobat and have the latest version - 2020.012.20041. I have also tried printing from my other Mac laptop computer which has the same latest Adobe Acrobat and uses the same printer and it worked just fine. 

My printer has no new updates to be installed and I actually set it up only a few months ago. Printing has been working just fine up until now. It is only some files that don't print and I get an error in the printer window. See screenshot attached to my original post.

The PDF files were created with AutoCAD drafting software and Autdesk are also looking into the issue but asked me to contact Adobe in case there is a fault with the Acrobat because when I print through Preview then there are no issues. 

I hope you can figure out where the problem might be.

Thanks in advance,
Maija

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thank you for sharing the details.  As the file is printing form a diffrent machine with the same printer.

For testing pleae try to turn off the protected mode and see if that makes any difference. Go To Adobe Acrobat DC > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn Off the Protected Mode and uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the application and check.
Note: Please turn oin the security after testing.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in mac and try using the application from there and see if that works for you

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I tested both options and neither of them worked. Is there anything else I can try?

Best,

Maija

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

Please check once that all the layers in AutoCAD are printable or not. Also as a work around one can Create PDF using the Tools > Create PDF for CAD files as well.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines