• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save as jpeg

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had no luck searching for an answer on this question on this forum or via google. I am unable to save a pdf as a jpeg (,jpg) or any other other formats under Save As. It APPEARS to be saving it, but when I go to the folder in which I saved it, it is not there. My work around is to use an online free converter, but not sure why this stopped working via my program.

Using:

Adobe Acrobat Pro x, version 10.1.7

Windows 7, 64 bit

So steps I take:

Start with Word doc

Convert to PDF

Open PDF

Save As jpeg

Dialogue box opens, asking what I want to name the file and where to save

Hit ok

Dialogue box disappears

Open destination folder... and it's not there (have also tried doing a search on Pc to see if went somewhere else, but no avail).

Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case, what is the name your are giving the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried various names. Even just named it jpeg so it was short, no spaces, no other characters, etc. Same thing happens every time.,, which is to say that nothing happens,  it does not save it as a jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I'm having the same problem. did you ever find a solution?  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kimberly, I did find a solution, but now I cannot remember what it is! And worse, I had to reinstall the software today, so now I am re-living the same issue. I know for some issue, I changed the compatibility back to an earlier version of Windows (I am currently running 7). But I think that was to get the message to go away that asked something like "allow program to run" before it opened any pdf document. I am back to a google hunt. I have used a free online converter (google "convert pdf to jpg") and that works, but stupid to have to go outside the Acrobat program to get it to work. If anyone else can pipe in, we'd appreciate it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found it. Try changing the compatibility to earlier version of Windows. Go to app, right click, properties, compatibility. For me, it was XP, service pack 2. I know I said that didn't work, but maybe it did, because now I see it converted. The reason I didn't think it did was because it didn't change the date in the Details window, so I assumed it was still the old jpg I'd created. But when I opened the jpg, it was the most current document I had created. I hope this helps you. I am not sure if that was my solution or not. Oh, also, maybe try changing the permissions? Make sure you have full access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the replies. this is just so frustrating!

this is what I've done so far:

Acrobat 9 Pro: When logged on as the local admin, I could edit and save as jpg/tiff. When logged on as a domain admin or regular user I could not edit or save as jpg or tiff - I was getting access denied.

Upgraded to Acrobat 11 Pro. It fixed one issue -  I can now edit as a user. I can save as a jpg as a local admin but cannot as a domain admin or regular user. Now I get an out of space message. I am not out of space. To me it looks like a permissions issue but

I have tried giving the user accts more rights in Program Files, ProgramData and the registry - no change.

I'll try the compatibility suggestion but it really doesn't make any sense since it does work on other Windows 7 PCs.

The user has several Adobe software packages on this machine -  contribute, photoshop, flash, reader - and I'm wondering if some dll got over-written. If I can't find a solution soon, I'm going to build her a new laptop and test it after I install each Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Acrobat Pro 9 on Windows 7 Pro.

I think this problem started for me with a recent Windows update.

The solution I found:

Go to Start, then right-click the Acrobat application icon, and select Properties.

In Properties, click the Compatibility tab.

Uncheck the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

I found that I did not have to switch to a different version of Windows. All I had to do was uncheck the box, as I wrote above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Finally I was able to convert pdf to jpg. I have noticed that converted jpg files are not as clear as PDF files. Any suggestion to improve output quality? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.  Adobe Pro quite saveing or exporting files as images. Fixed issue by:

Selecting Tools from menu.

then Export

then selecting Image

emeryr20559286_0-1619491316603.png

Then resetting each format to default settings by clicking on the "starred ring" after each format, one at a time. 

After resetting to defaults saving as an image startined working again. 

All  the other work arounds and "fixes" are great but I like things to work as intended and they did at one time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention,.

Running Windows 10, 64 bit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 21.001.20150.39513.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines