Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sign documents or Save As... as of two weeks ago

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For some reason, my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2020.009.20067) from creative cloud no longer allows me to apply a signature to a document I've previously signed thousands of times. When I click the signature box, a dark grey overlay appears over the document, and then it sits there. I've let it stew there for a few minutes before hitting the escape key to exit the dark grey overlay. I then try to Save As... the document, and the dialog box appears, but it is empty. I can perform a standard Save command just fine. 

Now, if I go into Preferences > Signatures > Creation and Appearance, and untick the box labeled, "Use Modern user interface for signing and Digital ID configuration", I can click the signature box and apply my signature. Unticking this option does not fix the Save As... function though, it still appears as a blank dialog box. 

I've attempted uninstalling the app via the CC for desktop app, then reinstalling with no luck. I've uninstalled via the Add/Remove programs in Windows, then reinstalled, with no luck. I've uninstalled all CC apps, then the CC for Desktop app itself, then reinstalled with no luck. I've uninstalled everything a second time, then ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool as administrator, then reinstalled everything with no luck. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe a registry key is damaged somewhere?

At this point, any insight would be greatly appreciated. I have a solid workaround by disabling the modern interface box in the preferences, but this is far from ideal. Here's a screen capture of the symptoms I'm seeing:

Thank you all for your time!

-KMcKenzieACSO

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Hi KMcKenzieACSO 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are able to sign the PDF file with the settings mentioned above and still getting the blank screen while saving the the PDF.

Please try the following preference settings and see if that works for you.

Go to Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show online storage when opening the file' and  'Show online storage when saving the file' > Click Ok and reboot the application and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KMcKenzieACSO 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are able to sign the PDF file with the settings mentioned above and still getting the blank screen while saving the the PDF.

Please try the following preference settings and see if that works for you.

Go to Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show online storage when opening the file' and  'Show online storage when saving the file' > Click Ok and reboot the application and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thank you very much for your input! This definitely is a solid workaround for me. Now I can use the Save As... function by utilizing your suggestion, and I can apply a signature to my document by making sure that modern interface box is unticked. 

Do you have any idea why this would have stopped working by chance? I'm having difficulty figuring out why I would need to jump through these hoops all of the sudden, when these were previously frivolous tasks.

Thanks again for your insight, I appreciate it!

-KMcKenzieACSO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines