Highlighted

Unable to sign in/connect to Document Cloud in Acrobat Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Acrobat Pro 2017 to 2020 and am unable to login to Document Cloud. I was able to connect my Adobe account to Acrobat, and was able to log in to multiple other cloud accounts (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive), but can't sign in in the top right corner (where it says "Sign In") or via the Home screen Document Cloud sign in button. Does anybody know if this is a bug and/or if there's a way to resolve this?

Thanks!

surelip_0-1597338751157.png

Hi All,

Some changes have been made to fix this issue, could you please check after clicking at sign-in, in Acrobat 2017/ 2020, if that fixes the issue?

If that doesn’t work, sign-out from Help menu in product and sign-in again. Please feel free to let us know, if that works.

Thanks,

Sumita

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to sign in/connect to Document Cloud in Acrobat Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Acrobat Pro 2017 to 2020 and am unable to login to Document Cloud. I was able to connect my Adobe account to Acrobat, and was able to log in to multiple other cloud accounts (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive), but can't sign in in the top right corner (where it says "Sign In") or via the Home screen Document Cloud sign in button. Does anybody know if this is a bug and/or if there's a way to resolve this?

Thanks!

surelip_0-1597338751157.png

Hi All,

Some changes have been made to fix this issue, could you please check after clicking at sign-in, in Acrobat 2017/ 2020, if that fixes the issue?

If that doesn’t work, sign-out from Help menu in product and sign-in again. Please feel free to let us know, if that works.

Thanks,

Sumita

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and 2020 doesn't work with the Document Cloud; only  free Document Cloud services.

Verify if the Adobe Cloud service that you're trying to access is paid for. Also , the first time that you run Acrobat Pro 2020 you have to be online for activation.

If you already took care of this part, and nothing has worked, can you confirm if this still happens after you click on HELP--->"Repair Installation"  ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ Adding to the discussion,

I forgot to ask  (and clarify ) if you purchased a subscription for Acrobat Standard DC when you had the 2017 version or were you using the free Document Cloud services and purchased a Document Cloud Subscription when you upgraded to 2020? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I'm paying for the Document Cloud services, just the free one. I paid for my Acrobat Pro 2020 of course, but that's it. I don't think I paid for Document Cloud when I was using 2017 either, yet I recall having access to it. I was also about to login to my document cloud online, just not within Acrobat Pro 2020. Repair installation had no impact, neither did signing out and back in, restarting the program, restarting the computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++Long reply, please bear with me (I just want to cover all possible angles)

Now, you've said that you haven't purchased any subscription model, but let's say if you do have one, this subscription model doesn't allow to sign in with the same AdobeID in any two computer devices simultaneously.

• I think that you should also go here and check against the billing history to verify what you have purchased in the past:  https://account.adobe.com/plans

If you do find that you're actually getting billed for other plans,  Then click on Manage Plans.  On the next page scroll down to the section  "Activated devices".

When using your subscription with a scondary computer device, you'll always need to fully sign off from the current PC in order  to be able to use the same AdobeID (your current subscription) with another computer device.  I am under the impression that switching products during the upgrade might've screwed up  something with the registritation.

You need to leave active only the computer that you're currently using. 

I also think it would be relevant to double check if you have purchased  other Adobe Creative Cloud products in the past (i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or XD, etc.). If you didn't disregard the guidance below but still take a look at some of the troubleshooting steps.

And I also  believe that it would be relevant to update your billing Profile information and check if you have more than one email address associated to the with this account.

Your AdobeID only uses the primary email address that you registered the product with for sign-ins.  And just for troubleshooting purposes,  verify that you're not using Facebook, AppleID, nor Gmail alternate sign-in methods.

However, I am almost certain (that if this is not a bug) that this issue is directly related to how the product was registered or not registered at all.

If you did reggistered the Acrobat 2020 product , please verify all the steps that you followed paying close attention if you've used a different payment method(i.e. different credit card, different billing address) from the registration of Acrobat 2017.

You can correct this using the link that I posted above for you in the first  bullet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. From the screenshot, it seems that your Adobe-id does Not has access to services. Could you  please try sign-in with this id at https://documentcloud.adobe.com/ with the same id and share the observation?

Thanks,

Sumita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to sign into the Document Cloud website with the same ID, which is part of my frustration/confusion here. When I click either "Sign In" button, nothing comes up. There's no login screen or anything. Nothing happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need some more information for analyzing the issue. I am sending a separate message to you for same.

Thanks,

Sumita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumita, the same is happening to me. I opened this thread about it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/sign-in-in-acrobat-std-2017-no-longer-working/m-p/11361650?pa...

can you please help me too?

thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

See my post at https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/2017-desktop-sign-in/td-p/11361934?page=1

I also have the free version of the Cloud. Of which I am able to access via the web browser with no problems.

Trying anything that might work I tried this.

As per this link https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/can-t-sign-in-to-creative-cloud-desktop-application/...

I deleted OOBE still no joy.

Also saw this.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html

I made sure that IE was enabled even though I do not use it and updated.

Note: It should not matter if it is enabled or not. Any major browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) should be enough

Any help would be appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are investigating the issue, will share the updates on this thread.

Thanks,

Sumita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sumitash1

Thanks for letting us know that this issue has been reported.

Will look forward to hear about a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks,

Sumita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fixed it for me. Thanks Sumita!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just opened Acrobat was already logged in. (strange)

Didn't have to enter in userID or password.

Thanks for the fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange but it works now. I need to sign out first. Then, Sign in again. Now I am able to access my documents on DC. Thanks, Sumita!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same problem the past couple days. Sometimes the sign in button pops up, but then it just spins and nothing. The next day it works. Now today it's not. I've tried signing out and back in, restarting my Mac  and can't seem to get it to work. Not good. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening on the web docuements now. Sigh. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0