Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Unable to understand the URL/ source of data in the attached form]

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am very curious in knowing the code of the attached form.
The form name is LLP Form No.1
In the attached form on page 1---->Part A : Reservation of Name ----> item no 2 : Details of the Applicant--->pt (b)Designated partner identification number (DPIN)----> there is a prefill button.
Here if you put in a 8 digit number starting with 0XXXXXXX it will automatically populate fields ---->(c)---> (d)--->(e)--->(h)
I am not able to understand how and on which URL is the form pulling out this data.
Can the esteemed experts please give me the URL or a simpler method of getting the information from --fields (c)----(h)
without acessing this form.
It will be of great help to me.

Thanks

Anuradha

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

1. While PDF JavaScript isn't a secret, I also don't think programmers deserve to have their work simply shared on demand. The code may be deliberately confusing to prevent, for example, data scraping.

2. The URL won't be a web page you can visit, but a web service, designed for programmers to use. 

Please contact the form maker if you would like to make use of their work, perhaps you can come to some financial arrangement.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Well, I did a little more research based on the guidance provided by Test Screen Name.

Seems like this is a government form to incorporate a limited liability partnership firm.

From further gathering more information online, this is an eForm that the user must fill out following a series of different steps, to include some user registration.

That explains why the form autopopulates certain parts, but that information is taken from a pre-registration that must occur online and filled out by

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an XFA form and it doesn't allow editing.

If I understood correctly, you believe that the data is pre-filled in other sections of this PDF from clicking on a button that may have a JavaScript event with an hard-coded URL in it?

Since you're already aware that you can't access this XFA form via the Acrobat's PDF editing tool, you're asking to get that URL, correct?

But how can you tell that the JavaScript action pulls data from a URL if you're not  able to access this PDF to confirm that?

What happens if you disconnect the computer from the Internet and use the PDF again; will it require to be online or will the form populate those fields when you click on the event button even if you're offline?

In any case, if you're trying to figure out an URL, open the firewall log monitor or a similar program.

When you click on the event button in that PDF, see what type of HHTP requests are captured by the firewall that are going out of your computer and take notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My responses in RED.

This is an XFA form and it doesn't allow editing.-----OK

If I understood correctly, you believe that the data is pre-filled in other sections of this PDF from clicking on a button that may have a JavaScript event with an hard-coded URL in it?----This is what I want I have no clue about the code.

Since you're already aware that you can't access this XFA form via the Acrobat's PDF editing tool, you're asking to get that URL, correct?----Correct

But how can you tell that the JavaScript action pulls data from a URL if you're not  able to access this PDF to confirm that?-----As I said I have no clue if its javascript or something else but I cannot access the information in the stated fields when there is no internet.

What happens if you disconnect the computer from the Internet and use the PDF again; will it require to be online or will the form populate those fields when you click on the event button even if you're offline?-----Nothing happens the forms remain empty no error or warning of any type.

In any case, if you're trying to figure out an URL, open the firewall log monitor or a similar program.-----I just want to access multiple data points and trying to get it everytime from this form is cumbersome.

When you click on the event button in that PDF, see what type of HHTP requests are captured by the firewall that are going out of your computer and take notes.-----Nothing shows up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. While PDF JavaScript isn't a secret, I also don't think programmers deserve to have their work simply shared on demand. The code may be deliberately confusing to prevent, for example, data scraping.

2. The URL won't be a web page you can visit, but a web service, designed for programmers to use. 

Please contact the form maker if you would like to make use of their work, perhaps you can come to some financial arrangement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did a little more research based on the guidance provided by Test Screen Name.

Seems like this is a government form to incorporate a limited liability partnership firm.

From further gathering more information online, this is an eForm that the user must fill out following a series of different steps, to include some user registration.

That explains why the form autopopulates certain parts, but that information is taken from a pre-registration that must occur online and filled out by the requesting user(s).

Here's a step by step guide that I found on how this type of eForm is filled out:

And here's the instruction kit PDF for that form:

I hope this helps a little better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to know about the LLP procedure with the help of the above URL I have got great information. I want this information for my new business and official website of that business is https://infokerala.org/category/net-worth/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file in AEM Forms Designer and look at the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Although PDF JavaScript is not a clandestine technology, it is also unreasonable to expect developers to readily share their labor. The coding may be intentionally obfuscated to hinder actions like data scraping.
  2. The provided link will not direct you to a standard webpage, but rather a web service specifically crafted for developers to utilize.

To access the creator's work, kindly get in touch with them and discuss potential financial agreements that might be mutually beneficial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines