• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to unlink / deactivate old computers

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Professional (Purchased PHYSICAL CD Fall of 2016). I have had it installed on a few computers and have recently replaced all of them.  I was unable to license any of the new computers but after a chat session with adobe support, they claimed they deactivated my past computers.  I was then able to activate ONE computer, but my other computer just shows this error:

The serial number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  is already in use by the maximum allowed computers.  You need to deactivate another computer within XX days to use this product. 

Upon informing the same adobe support person via that same chat session, I was told to come here to post this issue, she said:  "I apologize for this but I have tried from my end. Still its not working on other system- it can post this on our community forums and our team will help you out."

So my question is can somone in Adobe Support remove all my computers so I can start fresh?

I do not believe there is an adobe site that allows me to see my computers. I have looked and didnt' see anything.  The support person just kept telling me to open adobe and deactivate... which is not possible as the computers are wiped.  This seems like a catch 22.  The program won't activate, and keeps going in a loop saying the same message.  The support agent says to follow this page:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html#:~:te...

1. Can't access your old computer? If you can't access your previous computer (for example, you reformatted the hard drive or lost the computer), don't worry. We can help you deactivate your app from your old device. Make sure that you have your serial number or Adobe ID handy, and then contact us.

Which just says to contact them if you can't access your old computer.  - Which is why I was contacting them to begin with.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

There's absolutely nothing we here on the forums can do to help you with this.

Contact Adobe Customer Support once again and demand an "activation count reset". Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's absolutely nothing we here on the forums can do to help you with this.

Contact Adobe Customer Support once again and demand an "activation count reset". Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you try67.  I reached out again to adobe via chat and Rupa helped resolve the issue in less than 10 minutes.  Not sure why Shikha spent TWO hours and was unable to do the same.  - For those interested, YES, I asked Shikha and a previous adobe employee to reset / remove all the connected computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines