• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unreadable document every time i open a pdf

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time that i open a pdf, i get a page with broken lines only...yet as i go to close it, the actual proper page will flash as closing but will not appear unless i am closing the pdf.  Is there an easy fix?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cindy,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to read the document as it appears with broken lines and upon closing it closes as complete PDF.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to open a different PDF file and check?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20135 Go to Help > Check for updates.

Please try to repair the installation (Win only) Go to Help > Repair installation and reboot the computer once and check. Also, go to Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Under 'Rendering' > Select 'Enhance Thin lines' > Click OK

You may try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' turn off the protected mode and uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid security risk

You may also check for any missing/pending update for video driver and firmware and try updating it and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines